Knitting Without Dog Hair Is Not an Option

Hi there - My name is Claudia. I live with my hubby and our two furry kids in Georgia, USA. Originally I am from Germany - southern belle from Bavaria replanted to the Southern US. I am very addicted to knitting - 4-5 projects going at the same time... What can I say...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peckerwood, Georgia, United States

Monday, December 04, 2006

Let Sleeping Dogs Lie!

While I was busy getting some of my spinning bobbins emptied last night, both fiber dogs were pooped out on the futon. Not exactly big helpers...

Sleeping Dogs
Noah likes to sleep on knitting notions...

And Hermione cannot be bothered with anything - all gone to doggie la-la land. She didn't even budge when I got up to get the camera. Very unusual for her:

Sleeping Dogs

But - when the dogs are so-o-o-o asleep, you can take really cool pictures. Noah proudly presents - while sleeping - Mommy latest handspun:

Handspun Blue Face Leicester - Dark Plum

His paws always remind me of really puffy slippers.

Merino

Hmm... The Blue Face Leicester (color: dark plum) looks really good on jet black dog fur.

And here is the Alpaca / Tussan Silk all spun up:

Alpaca/Tussan Silk

It is almost spider poop thickness... Now I have the daunting task of plying from one bobbin ahead of me ... I have to figure out how to do that - or I might just ply it with something else...

I had to get into spinning mode because tonight I am taking Esmerelda (my wheel) to the elderly knitting group at the retirement home. The ladies want to see how yarn is spun. Cross your fingers that I will be in good spinning spirits tonight. I really don't want to start cursing in front of the lovely ladies...

5 Comments:

Blogger Pixiepurls said...

dayum those singles look so good!

6:31 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Jane said...

Such pretty, pretty yarns!!

9:46 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Angelika said...

Dein Garn sieht super aus. Uebrigens ist dein ganzer Blog einfach klasse. Hab das Wochenende mal gestoebert. Ich hab mittlerweile auch das Problem mit den Hundehaaren, seitdem ich mir meinen Hund vom Tierheim geholt hab. :)
Hab gerade rausgefunden, dass sie mir das Kabel an meiner Treatmill angefressen hat! GRrr. 600 $ im A....

7:32 AM GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those look beautiful. Is that the roving you and Pixie picked up at Main Street Yarns? It will be interesting to see if you two spin up the same or different.

12:12 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Nic said...

Your handspun is so even and nice. I am still thick and thin think and thin... ug

3:59 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home