Knitting Without Dog Hair Is Not an Option

Hi there - My name is Claudia. I live with my hubby and our two furry kids in Georgia, USA. Originally I am from Germany - southern belle from Bavaria replanted to the Southern US. I am very addicted to knitting - 4-5 projects going at the same time... What can I say...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peckerwood, Georgia, United States

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Deck the Halls

After spending all day decorating the house for the Holidays - Christmas and a little bit of Hanukkah - I am finally at a point where I can take a break and blog a little. I am not done with the tree yet. There is still one entire box of ornaments to go through and pick the ones for this year. One of hubby's other collections (besides the jigsaw puzzles) is ornaments, and he has a ton of beautiful crystal and china ones.

So, now, the outside of our house looks like this:

Window Lights Holiday Decorations Holiday Decorations Wreath on the Front Door

And here are some pictures of the inside:

A couple of years ago hubby gave me a collection of Cirque Du Soleil ornaments. They are very cool. We both love their shows. I know one is coming to Atlanta in Spring - I wanna go!

Cirque Du Soleil Ornaments
Cirque Du Soleil Ornaments Cirque Du Soleil Ornaments
Cirque Du Soleil Ornaments Cirque Du Soleil Ornaments

Before decorating the tree with the lights, we tested them to see if they still worked:

Testing the Lights

They are a pain to wrap aorund the tree. Hubby likes a lot of lights, so I strung 5 sets of 100 bulbs each on the tree for him.

The Tree

We have an artificial tree - my hands were in pretty bad shape after that and I decided to take a break and get a manicure. Ahhhh...

And - of course - the fiber dogs had to be put through some silliness...

Hermione - The Elf Noah - The Elf

I don't think they really want to be elves...

And in between I had to knit some - on the Goldilocks Socks and the Cashmere Mitts - and I finished the tweed beret. Ooh-la-la - it turned out pretty cute.

Tweed Beret

AND - the package for Germany is ready to be shipped tomorrow. Nine pounds of knitted goodies and some other gifts are all boxed. Hubby will go to the post office for me tomorrow. Such a sweetie!

Have a great Sunday evening and a wonderful week! See ya knitting somewhere. ;-)

6 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

Oh, your house is looking so festive! And the beret turned out wonderfully - looks great on you, too.

10:50 PM GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your beret....and you DO look jaunty in it!

8:56 AM GMT-5  
Blogger Nic said...

I love Christmas decorations! I can't wait for more people to get decorations up.

6:20 PM GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great decorations! You are so organized with your Christmas knitting.

11:31 PM GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We may actually put up a Christmas tree this year. We haven't done it the past two years.

11:41 PM GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, it looks so great you are such an inspiration. I think we will decorate this weekend after the party. But alas, no outside lights for me - we don't have any plugs on the front of our house.

:( Sigh :(

4:44 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home