Knitting Without Dog Hair Is Not an Option

Hi there - My name is Claudia. I live with my hubby and our two furry kids in Georgia, USA. Originally I am from Germany - southern belle from Bavaria replanted to the Southern US. I am very addicted to knitting - 4-5 projects going at the same time... What can I say...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peckerwood, Georgia, United States

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The Tough Life Being Married to Superman

###
WARNING
###


This blog entry is to dedicated to my hubby aka the superhero in my life. If you don't want to read a sappy and love-dripping post from a very happy woman about her incredible 39th birthday, leave now and come back later.

I have never had a relationship before where "the guy" was so thoughtful when it comes to remembering special occassions. I am not complaining - all you guys out there, take a slice of this guy I am married to, lucky me!

And I am not saying that every day is like a birthday. But, no relationship would be a good and deep one if there weren't a little bit of trouble every once in a while. So, now why I am bragging here again?

As for every other occassion during our relationship, hubby has again pulled out all the stops and made my birthday very special. I have no idea how he does it, but he always gets me a ton of gifts and they are wrapped nicely and there are nice cards. And all the gifts are thoughtful. Just writing about it makes me tear up a little.

And because he is so wonderful, I let him tease me at the same time and tell me that he might have to look for a younger wife now because I am turning into an old lady. One of the facts he pointed out yesterday: once my favorite car was a Corvette Stingray (I know it's a crappy car but it sure looks cool) and now I drive a Toyota Scion xA and every once in a while a Previa minivan. But to understand that this is REALLY funny, you need to know that hubby is 14 years older than me. So go figure. ;-) I am not the one who owns a Toyota Supra Twin-Turbo to feel younger, hahaha...

So, Mr. Wonderful indulges my hobbies and my collections. Which are mainly knitting and cows. Oh - OK - I also like jewelry - duh, what female doesn't?... I took pictures of the highlights - there were many more gifts.

Gifts4

Knitting books - awesome.

Gifts5

Cook books. And NO - I did not get these because my cooking sucks. I love cooking and hubby loves eating what I put on his plate, at least he says so...

I got three books by Auguste Escoffier, the inventor of French cuisine. Escoffier is THE French chef who organized and popularized the "classic" recipes in The Guide Culinaire, the French national professional cookbook (I think around 1920). None of them has pictures - he meant business. ;-) And I got the Larousse Gastronomique - one of the culinary world's most familiar reference sources. And The Professional Chef, published by Culinary Institute of America and recognized as the definitive cooking school textbook. Now - this one has pictures. :-) I am not sure I would like to know how to prepare a rabbit tho'...

Gifts3

Meet Cowlumbus - hubby increased my CowParade herd by 23 new cows. Cowlumbus is their representative (I think the artist did a fabulous job) and he is also one of my favorites from this batch. They are all terrific and very detailed.

Gifts7

A cow pillow to rest my tired head on, after too much knitting. ;-)

Gifts8

And a cow handbag. She is very cute. I am crazy enough to drag her around with me. ;-) I am sure her belly can hold my cell phone, car keys and my wallet.

Gifts

And then - last but not least - something very special. Hubby sent a photo of me (when I had shorter hair) somewhere and they created this little figurine. Now, hubby is not happy because he doesn't think it looks like me and in addition it was supposed to be a bobblehead. BUT I LOVE IT!!! I don't know if I want to be a bobblehead anyway that approves of everything by nodding - hahaha... And I do think it looks like me. Hubby says, maybe like an Asian version of me... Anyway - I never ever before had someone in my life that had a statue made for me that looks like me. Talk about loving a person... :-)

And can you see what is laying next to the figurine? YES - earrings that look like a ball of yarn with needles, and a necklace with a pendant that says I-heart-2-KNIT.

Keep in mind, these were not all the gifts. Now - I am thinking how can he top that next year? But I am pretty sure that he will - he always has so far and we have been together for 6 years. I am a very lucky gal! ;-)

OH - and of course thanks to all of you who remembered my b-day as well! Life is just great when you have great friends, a hubby like mine, a wonderful family and two obnoxious dogs. ;-)

7 Comments:

Blogger Hockey Mom said...

Happy Belated Birthday! How did I miss it? Must be working too much!

Your husband is wonderful. Wonder what he looks like?

See you tomorrow?

11:13 AM GMT-5  
Blogger Mouse said...

Awww.. Lucky,Lucky Woman! Might see you tomorrow at SNB

11:24 AM GMT-5  
Blogger Pixiepurls said...

yeah we all wanna see a photo of the hubby!

12:34 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Claudia said...

Sorry gals - no pictures of superman on my blog. I promised ;-) I am happy to show him off in person.

2:23 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Jane said...

What a lovely husband you have!! Happy, happy belated birthday. I know you will enjoy all your new toys, as well as many, many more years with your wonderful hubby.

4:58 PM GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohh...you've got a sentimental sweetie who is so thoughtful! Everyone can take a lesson...observe the giftee's likes and gift from those observations...so much cash spent on unthoughtful gifts...but i do go on...Happy Belated...We in SNB NGA are so glad you were BORN TO KNIT! Your easygoing, sweet manner is such a gift to us as we struggle (ok as I (UNDERLINED) struggle!) and flounce in this incredible world of knitting...Thank You for Being Such A Great You!

10:47 AM GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any chance of getting the name of the figurine company?

I'd love to have figurines made of my daughters.

best wishes,

Anna from Finland

2:36 AM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home