Senior Year - Revisited
1. Who was your best friend? Petra
2. What sports did you play? Volleyball & skiing
3. What kind of car did you drive? Didn’t get my driver's license until I was 26. I rode a bicycle or public transportation.
4. It's Friday night, where were you? At home - my Dad was very strict. My curfew was 11pm. Not worth going out...
5. Were you a party animal? Sometimes.
6. Were you considered a flirt? Nope.
7. Ever skip school? No.
8. Ever smoke? Tried once - was awful...
9. Were you a nerd? I thought I was because my parents would only pay for the cheapest prescription glasses which of course make you look like Woody Allen...
10. Did you get suspended/expelled? Nope.
11. Can you sing the Alma Mater? We don't have them in Germany.
12. Who was your favorite teacher? My French teacher - she was a fashionista and very skinny AND a great teacher. I majored in French - go figure.
13. Favorite class? Skiing. Yeah, I know... But where I come from (German Alps, remember?) you can pick skiing as your sport in High School. So, instead of being indoors, you go skiing at 11:00am for the rest of the day once a week. Fabulous!
14. What was your school's full name? Werdenfels-Gymnasium Garmisch-Partenkirchen
15. School mascot? I don't think we had one.
16. Did you go to Prom? Yes.
17. If you could go back and do it over, would you? Yes - if I knew what I know today about life, etc., I would go back and pick different majors and probably study more.
18. What do you remember most about graduation? We had a great party - not at the school but at one of the local dance clubs. We were banned from the school because the seniors wanted to out some of the teachers' Nazi history in the yearbook. And that did not sit well with the school administration - so we celebrated with only the favorite teachers at some other place. That was pretty interesting. My parents were there and Dad gave me a beautiful bracelet - now do I have a good memory or what?
19. Favorite memory of your senior year? The non-published yearbook.
20. Were you ever posted up on the senior wall? Nope - I don't think we had such a thing.
21. Did you have a job your senior year? Yup - at McDonald's, with half of students of the senior class. That was actually a lot of fun - I also stopped eating food from McDonald's...
22. Who did you date? Christian. Two years my senior and now ex-husband #1.
23. Where did you go most often for lunch? Class was out at 12:45pm and I usually went home for Mom's good cooking. But we hung out during our free time at a coffee shop across the street from school called "Cafe Kneitinger". They had great milk shakes.
24. Have you gained weight since then? Yes, and lost some, too.
25. What did you do after graduation? I went to work as an assistant at a bank in Frankfurt, Germany.
26. When did you graduate? 1986
27. Senior picture: YES - You can actually find it on my blog, right here.
And I have to add some knitting questions - of course!
28. Where you knitting at the time? Yes - some of the teachers actually let me knit during class.
29. What was your favorite project? Sweaters - with all the vibrant colors, big intarsia patterns and puffy sleeves - it was the 80's...
30. What was your favorite yarn? A German brand - Wolle Roedel.