Knitting Without Dog Hair Is Not an Option

Hi there - My name is Claudia. I live with my hubby and our two furry kids in Georgia, USA. Originally I am from Germany - southern belle from Bavaria replanted to the Southern US. I am very addicted to knitting - 4-5 projects going at the same time... What can I say...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peckerwood, Georgia, United States

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Senior Year - Revisited

Scary, scary, scary... That was 20 years ago this year and I can't be there for the reunion celebration on July 22 because it'll take place on another continent - in good ol' Germany. So, I found the following questionaire on Judy's blog. She is also an awesome sock knitter - go look at her blog.

1. Who was your best friend? Petra

2. What sports did you play? Volleyball & skiing

3. What kind of car did you drive? Didn’t get my driver's license until I was 26. I rode a bicycle or public transportation.

4. It's Friday night, where were you? At home - my Dad was very strict. My curfew was 11pm. Not worth going out...

5. Were you a party animal? Sometimes.

6. Were you considered a flirt? Nope.

7. Ever skip school? No.

8. Ever smoke? Tried once - was awful...

9. Were you a nerd? I thought I was because my parents would only pay for the cheapest prescription glasses which of course make you look like Woody Allen...

10. Did you get suspended/expelled? Nope.

11. Can you sing the Alma Mater? We don't have them in Germany.

12. Who was your favorite teacher? My French teacher - she was a fashionista and very skinny AND a great teacher. I majored in French - go figure.

13. Favorite class? Skiing. Yeah, I know... But where I come from (German Alps, remember?) you can pick skiing as your sport in High School. So, instead of being indoors, you go skiing at 11:00am for the rest of the day once a week. Fabulous!

14. What was your school's full name? Werdenfels-Gymnasium Garmisch-Partenkirchen

15. School mascot? I don't think we had one.

16. Did you go to Prom? Yes.

17. If you could go back and do it over, would you? Yes - if I knew what I know today about life, etc., I would go back and pick different majors and probably study more.

18. What do you remember most about graduation? We had a great party - not at the school but at one of the local dance clubs. We were banned from the school because the seniors wanted to out some of the teachers' Nazi history in the yearbook. And that did not sit well with the school administration - so we celebrated with only the favorite teachers at some other place. That was pretty interesting. My parents were there and Dad gave me a beautiful bracelet - now do I have a good memory or what?

19. Favorite memory of your senior year? The non-published yearbook.

20. Were you ever posted up on the senior wall? Nope - I don't think we had such a thing.

21. Did you have a job your senior year? Yup - at McDonald's, with half of students of the senior class. That was actually a lot of fun - I also stopped eating food from McDonald's...

22. Who did you date? Christian. Two years my senior and now ex-husband #1.

23. Where did you go most often for lunch? Class was out at 12:45pm and I usually went home for Mom's good cooking. But we hung out during our free time at a coffee shop across the street from school called "Cafe Kneitinger". They had great milk shakes.

24. Have you gained weight since then? Yes, and lost some, too.

25. What did you do after graduation? I went to work as an assistant at a bank in Frankfurt, Germany.

26. When did you graduate? 1986

27. Senior picture: YES - You can actually find it on my blog, right here.

And I have to add some knitting questions - of course!

28. Where you knitting at the time? Yes - some of the teachers actually let me knit during class.

29. What was your favorite project? Sweaters - with all the vibrant colors, big intarsia patterns and puffy sleeves - it was the 80's...

30. What was your favorite yarn? A German brand - Wolle Roedel.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Had our reunion yesterday - was very nice. I'll have the photos in the Internet soon.

Hubert

5:54 AM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home