Knitting Without Dog Hair Is Not an Option

Hi there - My name is Claudia. I live with my hubby and our two furry kids in Georgia, USA. Originally I am from Germany - southern belle from Bavaria replanted to the Southern US. I am very addicted to knitting - 4-5 projects going at the same time... What can I say...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peckerwood, Georgia, United States

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

How to Prepare a Knitter for the 4th of July?

So - what do knitters do on the July 4th weekend? Well, I know I am not going to eat any burgers (I don't eat mammals), but I am sure I won't starve.

Yes, of course, knitters go on a yarn excursion - let's call it a Tour de Yarn, shall we?

Pixie and I want to check out some yarn stores in the Big City. Since we live out in the "country" (OK, suburbs) in North Georgia, it's a good excuse - and Friday is pay day... OMG... I guess we have to take the dog leashes with us and try not to do too much damage to our credit cards. I can just picture us with choke collars holding on to each other's leashes... This is going to happen before July 4th...

SO - if you want to join us, here is our itinerary for Saturday, July 1:

Depart Gainesville/Buford around 10am (after guzzling up at Starbucks)
1. Stop – Cast-On Cottage
2. Stop – Strings & Strands
3. Stop – Lunch in Buckhead – location to be determined ;-)
4. Stop – Why Knot Knit

If we are not too exhausted after all the yarn fondling and signing of sales receipts, and we are still able to hold our pointy stix, we might hang out in a nice coffee shop for a while for some knits and purls.

If you are now very excited about this trip and you want to join us, no problem! Post a comment or email me and we'll all get together. If you live in the northeast suburbs of Atlanta as well and you want to carpool, I can take our "Knitty-Van" which has room for at least 5 other knitters.

NOW - on the 4th of July, Main Street Yarns & Fibers in Watkinsville hosts a BBQ. YAY - how perfect! Celebrate the Nation's Birthday on the patio of a yarn store.

They are open from 10:00am to 6:00pm. Come and join the store for a fun day of knitting, spinning, crocheting, and grilling on the patio. Main Street Yarns & Fibers will supply the hamburgers, hot dogs, rolls, and soft drinks. You can bring side dishes and desserts. They will start grilling at noon. BYOB and lawn chair.

AND bring a project - of course. Now for this event, I somehow magically convinced hubby to tag along. So, grab your non-knitter SO (significant other) and join the party. And again, let me know if you want to carpool from the Gainesville/Buford area!

OK - I was just racking my brain for something I knitted that is patriotic - and OMG, I do have something - OK, it's not for 4th of July, it is a Christmas stocking, but it's in the flag colors, so there! ;-)

Xmas Stocking

HAPPY TUESDAY - I am actually off to a girl's night out with dinner & a movie - The Break-Up - with non-knitting friends. Yes, I have them and I spend time with them, too. Unbelievable, isn't it? :-) Well, this movie is not my first choice, but the girls wanted a chick flick and The Devil Wears Prada is not out yet. See ya!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mouse said...

Ooh.. that sounds awesome! I don't drive in the city so I've never been to any of those yarn shops yet.. keep me in the loop for Saturday ok?

5:43 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Anita said...

I'm a new reader, and I teach at Main Street. I'm so excited that we'll have some visitors for the cookout! We had a nice, laid-back day last year, and I'm sure this year will be great fun as well!

10:13 PM GMT-5  
Blogger jenifleur said...

I think I'm in for Saturday. I will be viewing it more as a guided tour as I have no $$ right now, but I've never been to any of those shops.

Not sure about the 4th. I love Main Street Yarns but hub comes home the next day so it kind of depends on how good I am and how much I get done before then...

12:43 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home