Knitting Without Dog Hair Is Not an Option

Hi there - My name is Claudia. I live with my hubby and our two furry kids in Georgia, USA. Originally I am from Germany - southern belle from Bavaria replanted to the Southern US. I am very addicted to knitting - 4-5 projects going at the same time... What can I say...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peckerwood, Georgia, United States

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Harry Potter & Knitting

I am a big Harry Potter fan. Yes, I know, I am a grown woman but I love fairy tales. Coming from Germany, I inhaled the Brothers Grimm stories when I was little and I still have the book from my childhood.

So, this morning I found an interesting quiz - which I thought might interest you as well - if you like Harry Potter. Remember the sorting hat that puts all the little wizards into their respective houses at Hogwarts School of Magic? With the following quiz you can find out what house you would belong to. And here are my results - I was actually in a tie between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw and I was asked a follow-up question. And I guess after answering that question the hat decided I was Gryffindor-worthy. ;-)


You scored as Gryffindor.
You value courage, loyalty, chivalry, and boldness.

Gryffindor - 73%
Ravenclaw - 73%
Hufflepuff - 60%
Slytherin - 48%

HP Sorting Hat created with QuizFarm.com

Also, my nephew in Germany is a big HP fan and at the moment I am working on a Gryffindor scarf for his birthday in October. Good thing I have some time left. I am knitting the scarf pattern from the first two movies - the one with the big stripes. I bought a very soft cotton yarn - Crayon - at Knitpicks (since the scarf can NOT scratch under any circumstances - otherwise my nephew will not wear it, little sissy...) in bright red (he is also a HUGE Ferrari fan) instead of the more scarlet red and a nice golden yellow. But looking at the Gryffindor crest, I guess I did pretty good with the red I bought.

So, I am on the fourth stripe of nineteen, ten red stripes and nine yellow ones... I am knitting 70 stitches on US #4 16-inch circular bamboo needles (I love bamboo with this yarn) - one stripe consists of 22 rounds.

HP scarf


And while searching for Harry Potter knits, I found a matching sweater with the Gryffindor crest on the front. So, finally I have an intarsia project again - the crest is worked over 53 stitches and 61 rows. I think that would be an excellent Christmas gift for the little cracker, don't you? I sure hope he appreciates Auntie's time and efforts. ;-)

5 Comments:

Blogger Mouse said...

I'm in Gryffindor as well. I'm working on the POA version of the scarf but its taking forever.. I'm hoping that I'll be able to wear it this fall.

10:44 AM GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the KnitPicks Crayon yarn...their Shine is another one that is really really soft. And machine washable!

I'm in the Greenville SC area -- if you ever got the notion to make a trip to the yarn shops in Asheville or Charlotte NC, let me know and I'll join you. I'd meet you for Atlanta too, but that weekend isn't good.

I enjoy your blog!

2:22 PM GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry, I think there are alot of adult Harry Potter Fans (myself included.) Weird, but as I was reading your blog- someone walked by my office and their phone rang with a Harry Potter ring tone... cooooooool.

(I'm Gryffindor too and covet one of these scarves for myself!)

3:28 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Diane said...

So, is Gryffindor a good thing? That's where I scored also.

8:08 AM GMT-5  
Anonymous Taya P said...

Great blog you havve

8:53 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home