Knitting Without Dog Hair Is Not an Option

Hi there - My name is Claudia. I live with my hubby and our two furry kids in Georgia, USA. Originally I am from Germany - southern belle from Bavaria replanted to the Southern US. I am very addicted to knitting - 4-5 projects going at the same time... What can I say...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peckerwood, Georgia, United States

Monday, June 12, 2006

WWKIP Day - What Fun!

So, here is the report on World Wide Knit In Public Day on Saturday, June 10, 2006. WE HAD A BLAST, to say it short and sweet.

Two groups, SNB-NEGA and SNB-ATL, joined forces around 12pm, and here are some pictures for you:

These are the SNB-NEGA knitters that showed up first:

Steve (Tammy's husband), Tammy, Jen, Ashley and me:

WWKIP 2006


The famous Pixie and moi. Yup - I know celebrities :-)

Pixie & Claudia


Food, food, food, and some knitting!

WWKIP 2006


Ashley, Pixie, Jacquie, Steve, Tammy and Jen:

WWKIP 2006


And now there are more - some members from SNB-ATL found us: Jen and Jill in the back chatting, Ashley, Michelle, Travis (Katey's boyfriend), Jana (well, her curls), Jacquie, Katey, Karen, Tammy and Leon:

WWKIP 2006


We also had a bunch of non-human visitors...

Goose


Meet E.T. for Extra Tiny - an adorable little cat. His foster mom, Jana, brought him along - of course, in a beautiful felted bag:

E. T.


Here you can see E.T. sleeping blissfully on some Debbie Bliss yarn. Being tiny doesn't keep one from having GREAT taste ;-).

E. T.


And here is E.T. again - I can't just get over how cute this little fellow is - with famous Steve in the back, working on a beautiful Entrelac shawl from Scarf Style. After browsing through Steve's copy of the book, I decided I needed one on my book shelf, too. Off I go to amazon.com... Again... All these enablers in my life...

E. T.


OK y'all, that is what you missed on Saturday. Too bad. Some of the SNB-NEGA knitters decided that some of our future meetings should be outdoors. We just have to find the perfect spot with a cool breeze, nice shade and maybe even good seating. On the other hand, we can always bring some chairs and tables. Nothing can stop a knitter from getting comfortable and knit in public, right? Except maybe Atlanta summer heat. ;-(

And now for something completely gross - just to get you in the mood for lunch and show you what some of these crazy Southerners around me think about eating "healthy".

Hubby - who is a big fan of News of the Weird - emailed me a story about America's "Stroke Belt" aka the Southern States of the US. Do you know what a Hamdog or a Luther Burger is? Me neither, until I read the story. SO - just to completely ruin your appetite - here is a Hamdog:

A Hamdog

Not the guy - what's on the plate... The dish, a specialty of Mulligan's Tavern, a suburban bar in Decatur, GA, is a hot dog wrapped with a half-pound beef patty, then deep fried, covered with chili, cheese and onions, and served on a hoagie bun. Oh yeah, it's also topped with a fried egg and two fistfuls of fries. You can read more about this delicacy here.

And then - the Luther Burger, also a specialty of the aforementioned fine-dining establishment:

A Luther Burger

This is a bacon-cheeseburger served on a split and delicately grilled Krispy Kreme doughnut.

Excuse me, I think I need to run to the bathroom now...... I know different people have different tastes, but this is just soooooooooooo abnormal! Anyway - maybe I should take the next Germans who visit to Mulligan's to show them some REAL GOOD Southern food and then right after I'll take them to an appointment with a heart surgeon...

Alright - on this note, be well and eat healthy. Have a great week!

5 Comments:

Blogger Hockey Mom said...

As a bona fide Southerner, I would like to go on the record as saying that is not typical southern food! That's just gross!

It looks like ya'll had a lot of fun. I was there in spirit.

3:44 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Jane said...

Hmm, the secret is out. Now you know why I'm really moving to Decatur! (NOT!!) That stuff is gross, and definitely not Southern cuisine. Wish I could have made it on Saturday, but the basement won.

4:36 PM GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm...I was eating tri-tip BBQ and ribs in Woodland, Calif with lots of fresh local produce...wait till I give the family foodies this link!

10:47 AM GMT-5  
Blogger Mouse said...

Awww.. how cute is that kitten?? I'm sorry I didn't get there either - it looked like great fun.
PS. I posted your picture to Traveling sock!!

12:37 PM GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you really want to take your German friends out there for dinner? They might never come back again ;-)

1:27 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home