Knitting Without Dog Hair Is Not an Option

Hi there - My name is Claudia. I live with my hubby and our two furry kids in Georgia, USA. Originally I am from Germany - southern belle from Bavaria replanted to the Southern US. I am very addicted to knitting - 4-5 projects going at the same time... What can I say...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peckerwood, Georgia, United States

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Lost in Space

Or to put it in other words, lost in the basket of UFOs was a white cotton tank top. Until last night... OMG - I knitted this top two (!!!) years ago and totally forgot about it all this time. Until last night - when I was looking for something else - and it fell into my hands. I remembered that after I finished knitting the back and front and after I added the little collar, I did not like it. But I forgot why I disliked it. Anyway - it was a perfect time to find it. We have very hot weather here just now - highs in the 90's. So, I sat down, weaved in all the ends, seamed the sides and voilĂ :

White Cotton Top

I am getting really old - I don't remember where I found the pattern. I think it was in a knitting magazine and I don't remember what cotton yarn I used. But I do know it is cotton and the color is white... Anyway - I am quite happy the way this turned out. Hubby took some great pix last night before the sun went away completely - almost magazine quality ;-) Hey, I like to brag about him every once in a while - he is a great guy!

And I also put some finishing touches on Cousin Itt, after he was done felting and drying. I am not sure if this is maybe the female version of Cousin Itt. Decide for yourself...

Cousin Itt after felting

I am always amazed at how felting totally changes knitting. Very cool. ;-)

On Wednesdays I go to one of the SNB-ATL meetings in Gwinnett. I have a full bag of knitting with me - the Gryffindor scarf, the SNB drop stitch tank top and a felted purse. Think that's enough? Well - I couldn't decide and I brought the more mindless projects I am working on at present time. I learned the hard way that taking complicated knitting projects to a group where I chat a lot just ends in a ripping disaster. And I don't really need to invite misery, do I?

Well - this week is mostly over - 2 more days and there is another weekend around the corner. HA!

3 Comments:

Blogger Pixiepurls said...

and what a fun weekend it will be!

2:48 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Jane said...

That top was well worth rescuing! You look great in it, too. Little Ms. Itt is quite cute, as well.

2:56 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Mouse said...

Gorgeous top.. and the bag is cute too!

3:06 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home