Knitting Without Dog Hair Is Not an Option

Hi there - My name is Claudia. I live with my hubby and our two furry kids in Georgia, USA. Originally I am from Germany - southern belle from Bavaria replanted to the Southern US. I am very addicted to knitting - 4-5 projects going at the same time... What can I say...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peckerwood, Georgia, United States

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Surfin' on the Net...

Finally this week is coming to an end and I can breathe a little easier. Speaking of surfin' - can I please go to the beach now? Like this one:


I actually took this photo, pretty good, huh? Last year in July, I visited my friend who lives on a small - really itsy-bitsy-teeny-weeny - island in the Bahamas. Just a wonderful hang-out to do nothing but soak up the sun... OK - enough with the dreaming - what's happening in knitting-land?

I am almost done with the pink tank top. I am knitting with Berroco Softwist. Very nice yarn, the only thing that is a little annoying is that it has a tendency to split. But it is very soft and has a nice shimmer. I created the pattern with Sweater Wizard based on something I saw in a VERENA magazine. I hope to get it done before Saturday to show it off at the SNB-NEGA meeting.

Tonight I am teaching another knitting class - yes, all my sweater class students are "graduating". I had so much fun teaching this class. It is truly amazing how energetic and motivated knitters can be - no matter what their level of experience.

I am also almost done with the jungle top. The yarn is very paper-like and stretches more that I expected. I might have to hold it a bit more on each side. But I need to sit down with the project at our big dining room table where I have enough room to "operate".

Bad, bad famous Steve made me buy more yarn - such an enabler is he, as I've told you before. Now I am waiting to open a package with a bunch of Debbie Bliss Aran Tweed. Hehehe... Yes - Steve is the one that was knitting the beautiful Entrelac shawl last time I saw him, and he had the Scarf Style book. I got my copy the mail today, together with Knitting Nature and Knitting in Plain English.

And while surfin' on the net - I found this - courtesy of Nancy's blog:

Which Rat Pack Member Are You?

Hmmm, this is the result of my quiz. I am the boring one looks-wise (but at least I have brains, I guess...) I am not Sammy, Dino or Frankie - oh well.


BUT - I am really a sucker for Rat Pack members' music - even tho' this was way before my time. But Mom has a big Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra collection - go figure. And I remember watching a TV show (yes, some of them make it on German TV) with Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis called The Colgate Comedy Hour. As a kid I thought these guys were pretty funny - I don't know if I would think the same about the show today. Nowadays I really can't watch Jerry Lewis any more - he is too goofy. But I sure love the Rat Pack movies. ;-)

OK, so now you've gotten a little bit more trivia on me, so off you go, get bored some other place! ;-) Have a great sunny weekend! AND KNIT!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Pixiepurls said...

Can't wait to see your knits tommorow! :)

12:14 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home