Knitting Without Dog Hair Is Not an Option

Hi there - My name is Claudia. I live with my hubby and our two furry kids in Georgia, USA. Originally I am from Germany - southern belle from Bavaria replanted to the Southern US. I am very addicted to knitting - 4-5 projects going at the same time... What can I say...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peckerwood, Georgia, United States

Monday, June 19, 2006

Saturday Knit Fever ;-)

Saturday comes around and brings on one of my weekly highlights. Well, of course, for one thing I don't have to go to work and can just indulge myself with fun things. And then I go to Gainesville on Saturday afternoons to meet with the SNB-NEGA knitters. This is just an awesome group - last Saturday we had the biggest get-together since the group's existence: 12 stitchers - 2 cross-stitchers and 10 knitters - WOW. Here are some pictures.

SNB NEGA 061706

From left to right: Jacquie, Jen, Amanda, Nicole, Susan, Julie, Ashley & Karen

SNB NEGA 061706

From left to right: Ashley, Karen, Julie, me, Jacquie, Susan, Jen & Amanda

SNB NEGA 061706 10

In the back: Julie, Ashley & Karen, Nicole (at the end of the table) and in the front: Amanda, Jen & Susan.

If you do a headcount, you'll notice that 3 knitters are missing. Somehow Ann and Daye are not in any of the pictures and Pixie was the photographer - we'll catch them next time. ;-)

It is really funny - at first the meetings started at 2pm and ended at 4pm. Now, some of us show up at 1pm or earlier and stay longer, until 5pm or later. Can't get enough of this knitting-in-the-group fix. ;-) The coffee house is great, too. Last Saturday our waitress pulled three big tables together for us and we had the entire room to ourselves. Very accommodating!

Hubby heard about an interesting quiz on NPR this morning. Are you a Yankee or a Rebel? - Go and take the quiz. The Alpha Dictionary will compute your score and tell you where you're coming from: are you (all) speaking Bubbaese or are you(se) a Yankee Doodle Dandy? The higher your score, the deeper from the South you are coming.

My score: 60% Dixie. Barely in Dixie.

Hmmm - well, very interesting. Remember - I am from Germany, a "farn" country, and moved here 6 years ago. Goodness gracious - how fast the Southern body-snatchers take over! Y'all have a great day - keep the stitches comin'! ;-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Pixiepurls said...

I can't get on aim today, its driving me mad!

12:17 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home