Knitting Without Dog Hair Is Not an Option

Hi there - My name is Claudia. I live with my hubby and our two furry kids in Georgia, USA. Originally I am from Germany - southern belle from Bavaria replanted to the Southern US. I am very addicted to knitting - 4-5 projects going at the same time... What can I say...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peckerwood, Georgia, United States

Friday, June 09, 2006

Happy Friday in My Little Knitting World

Wonder why and care to know?

1. The weather is totally gorgeous – it is warm and sunny and I can’t wait to get out and do something outside this weekend.

2. Friday is SNB knitting at my favorite yarn store – Why Knot Knit. I call this knitting group my “adult” knitting group since we have beer and wine and snacks with the knitting – yay! Nothing better to slow down and get ready for the weekend at the end of a week at work.

3. The results of yesterday’s MRI are not too bad. Yes – my left knee still bothers me from time to time and during a check-up appointment on Wednesday the orthopedist prescribed a MRI to solve the mystery of the knee pain. So, I have a possible tear in my meniscus, the doctor says, and he put me on another four weeks of Naproxen for the pain and the inflammation. And then we’ll have to decide if I can live with the status quo or if he needs to dig into my knee. YUCK – I sure hope we can avoid another arthroscopic surgery. That would be the third one. SO – cross your pointy stix. :-)

4. Tomorrow - June 10, 2006 - is World Wide Knit in Public Day and I am going to meet up with a bunch of knitters at the Azalea Park in Roswell, GA. I will carpool with Jen - yes, we are being good girls and treat the environment nicely, of course. What do you expect of people who knit with natural fibers - OK, most of the time with natural fibers (I am also known to knit with outer-space fibers, aka acrylic). We will have a canopy for shade (dude – the forecast says 92 degrees Fahrenheit), chairs, tables, food, drinks and lots of knitting. If you read this and you are in the area, come join us. Just follow the needle-clicking and the roaring laughter. You can find directions on Katey's blog.

And then I found this interesting quiz on Mouse’s blog.

Congratulations! You are Catarina of Aragon. Catarina was Henry's first wife and was probably the only one of his six wives to truly love him. He got tired of her, and she spent the last decade of her life in lonely exile. Yet when she was dying, alone and unloved, she wrote: "Lastly, I make this vow, that mine eyes desire thee above all things. Farewell."




Which of Henry VIII's wives are you?
this quiz was made by Lori Fury

Well, if I would be in exile for ten years I sure would make a big dent in my yarn stash. But maybe poor Catarina of Aragon was not an avid knitter. ;-)

Check out this (yet another) amazing animal story I found online:

A mother tiger gave birth to a litter of cubs that died shortly after birth. As a result, the tigress fell into a depression. The vets thought she would improve if she could surrogate another mother's cubs, but none were available. The only "orphans" they could find quickly were a litter of piglets, so the zoo-keepers wrapped them in tiger skins and placed them around the mother tiger.

tigerpigs

GREAT story, huh? Too bad it's an Urban Legend! For the real story, go to snopes.com.

OK – off you go now and have a wonderful weekend - mine starts in 2.5 hours!!! And I promise I'll take bunches of pictures at our Knit in Public event tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hockey Mom said...

Have a great time tomorrow!

I was Catherine of Aragon too. We're hopeless romantics.

4:39 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home