Knitting Without Dog Hair Is Not an Option

Hi there - My name is Claudia. I live with my hubby and our two furry kids in Georgia, USA. Originally I am from Germany - southern belle from Bavaria replanted to the Southern US. I am very addicted to knitting - 4-5 projects going at the same time... What can I say...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peckerwood, Georgia, United States

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

A Lion's Kiss

Now that is one big ol' kiss...


Cali, Colombia - Through the bars of his cage, an African lion named Jupiter stretches his giant paws around the neck of Ana Julia Torres and plants a kiss on her puckered lips. It could be a kiss of gratitude: Since Jupiter was rescued six years ago from a life of abuse and malnutrition in a traveling circus, Torres has fed and nursed him back to health at her Villa Lorena shelter for injured and mistreated animals. Read the complete article here.

I am such a sucker for animals and always feel very gratified when I read things like this. That sure brightened my Tuesday morning.

And you know what brightened my Monday evening - besides coming home to hubby and the fiber dogs? The mailman brought me a package with yarn. And even better, I don't feel guilty because I ordered it in 2006. Ha-ha-ha-ha...

And it's not even my fault that I ordered it. I just had to because my dear enabler friend Jen spread the word that Yarn4Socks had a sale going on and I thought (not knowing at the time that I have sock yarn to knit socks for a small nation) I should buy some. Here is what I got:

Order from Yarn4Socks

Trekking XXL, Fleece Artist Merino, Artyarns Merino Superwash and two more colors of the Noro Kureyon, which I will add to the vest from Knitting with Balls that I am knitting.

Happy Tuesday!

3 Comments:

Blogger jenifleur said...

I still think it's funny that I got everyone in SnB to order from them and I bought nothing.

I'm really much better at enabling than stashing. Oh wait, I bought half Cara's stash on Sunday, never mind.

4:45 PM GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that's so awesome about the lion and everything this woman has done for abused animals. Thanks for the link!

11:46 AM GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have sock yarn envy! That's some lovely stuff; I look forward to seeing what you make with it.

4:21 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home