Knitting Without Dog Hair Is Not an Option

Hi there - My name is Claudia. I live with my hubby and our two furry kids in Georgia, USA. Originally I am from Germany - southern belle from Bavaria replanted to the Southern US. I am very addicted to knitting - 4-5 projects going at the same time... What can I say...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peckerwood, Georgia, United States

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Girlfriends Are the Best!

Especially when they leave town for the holidays to visit friends or foreign countries. Then you get to exchange your Christmas/Hanukkah gifts early. Actually the Hanukkah gifts were right on time for Pixie.

So, last weekend I exchanged Christmas gifts with Jacquie and Pixie.

Here is what Jacquie gave me:

My Xmas gifts from Jacquie
A yarn ball ornament (it's on the tree), 2 hanks of Suss Yarns Fuzzy (I love the colors) and a beautiful knitted scarf (3 strands knit together - cashmere & mohair)

My Xmas gifts from Jacquie
Scarf close-up

My Xmas gifts from Jacquie
Ornament close-up

My Xmas gifts from Jacquie
Fuzzy close-up

Just so wonderful!!! Jacquie knitted the scarf worrying that I wouldn't like it because she thought it is too hard to please your knitting teacher! GET OUT!!! I told her that these are the most wonderful gifts you can give your teacher. And it is beautiful, as you can see. She did a wonderful job and I wear it very proudly.

And Ms. Pixie also spoiled me rotten with some very cool things:

My Xmas gifts from Pixie
Plymouth Baby Alpaca & Sock Blockers

My Xmas gifts from Pixie
A "Hello Yarn Fiber Sampler" - with 11 oz. of happiness! (Cotton, silk, BFL wool, Merino, South African fine wool, hand-dyed wool, Alpaca, Camel, Cashgora, Cashmere, Mohair, Soy Silk)

My Xmas gifts from Pixie My Xmas gifts from Pixie
My Xmas gifts from Pixie My Xmas gifts from Pixie

Very cool - she had stitch markers made for me that look like my fiber dogs (right down to Hermione's crooked ear)! They are tiny (no bigger than your pinkie nail) - perfect size, so they won't dangle in your knitting.

I can't wait to spin the sampler. All I want to do during the upcoming holidays is spin, knit and dye, and organize my crafts room. I think Hubby thinks I am a little mental because I want to completely rearrange the furniture, too. Yikes...

And there are FOs. I gave Pixie a hat and the Goldilocks Socks. One knitted gift for Hanukkah and one for Christmas. She bought some Jo Sharp yarn to knit herself a hat but never got around to it. I thought I couldn't send her to London and Paris without a warm hat, so this is what I knitted for her:

Pixie's Hat for Europe

And here are the Goldilock Socks - finished and on my feet for the pictures. So forgive the stretchiness. They look better on Pixie's tiny feet:

Goldilocks Socks - Finished

Jacquie got the pair of Fetching she (and you) may have seen earlier on this blog. They need to be spoiled, too. I also gave them stuff besides the knitted things.

Have you ever knitted with silk recycled from saris? OH MY... I was at Knitch and couldn't resist getting a ball and I turned it into a dressy scarf for me. Since I will have to wear a suit every once in my new job, I thought this would be a nice accessory - and it has every imaginable color...

Recycled Silk - Sari - Scarf


Three more days and I am off until January 2, 2007. I can't believe that 2006 is already almost over. WOW...

Happy Wednesday!

4 Comments:

Blogger Pixiepurls said...

have a great holiday!! I'll take pics of my me wearing the hat all sorts of fun places! It's soo perfect.

10:45 AM GMT-5  
Blogger Nic said...

I love that sampler fiber thing.

3:58 AM GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the saris scarf - it's gorgeous!!!!!

10:19 AM GMT-5  
Blogger Courtney said...

Wow, your friends are brilliant gift givers! In especially love the personalized doggie markers. Also, the sari scarf is gorgeous. Happy holidays!

5:15 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home