Knitting Without Dog Hair Is Not an Option

Hi there - My name is Claudia. I live with my hubby and our two furry kids in Georgia, USA. Originally I am from Germany - southern belle from Bavaria replanted to the Southern US. I am very addicted to knitting - 4-5 projects going at the same time... What can I say...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peckerwood, Georgia, United States

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Free Pattern - Lace Scarf

OK - this is one of the little patterns I was making up over the holidays. Actually I saw a similar pattern in Simply Knitting but it was written in purl only, and that is not really my favorite stitch. Especially when you can create exact the same design with all knit stitches. Here are pictures of the finished scarf - project no. 2 for 2007 - YAY!

Malabrigo Scarf

Yarn: Malabrigo 100% Merino wool
Color: Little Lovely
Needles: US #13
Yardage: 215

I had 14 inches left when I finished the scarf (see the little string on the left side?).

Here are close-ups from both sides:

Malabrigo Scarf

Malabrigo Scarf

I just love the colors - the variegation reminds me of a bowl of raspberries and blackberries. And here is the pattern:

Cast on 21 stitches.
Row 1: Knit all sts.
Row 2: *K2tog, rep from * to last st, k1.
Row 3: K1, *knit through the bar between the st just worked and the next st, k1, rep from * to end of the row.
Row 4: K1, *yo, k2tog, rep from * to the end of the row.
repeat these 4 rows until you get close to the end of the ball.
Bind off on the next knit row.

Tip: I cut the fringe while I was knitting the scarf, so I wouldn't have to worry if I had enough at the end to make a fringe. The scarf is 68 inches long and 7 inches wide with a 4-inch fringe on each side. I am still debating if I should block it or not...

Happy Knitting!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is really pretty! Do you think it would work on a triangular shawl? I'm wanting to knit one of those in a simple pattern, but not garter stitch. My email is adamsdebra AT sbcglobal DOT net. Please let me know. Thanks!

10:56 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Ruth said...

This is gorgeous. I was just looking for a pattern for a skein of Malabrigo I have sitting at home. I'm going to do this.

(And hello from Atlanta!)

9:31 AM GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

8:32 AM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home