Knitting Without Dog Hair Is Not an Option

Hi there - My name is Claudia. I live with my hubby and our two furry kids in Georgia, USA. Originally I am from Germany - southern belle from Bavaria replanted to the Southern US. I am very addicted to knitting - 4-5 projects going at the same time... What can I say...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peckerwood, Georgia, United States

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Wild Dogs

Look at the wild fiber dogs at play - what a life...

Noah & Hermione at play

Noah & Hermione at play

Too bad there is no audio - Hermione likes to grunt when she plays with Noah. ;-)

After carding some of the Cotswold fleece at Pixie's on Sunday, I wanted to see how it spins up. Real nice, but... GREASY... BLEEEEHHH...

Cotswold spun

Now I am going to be a picky princess, too. I don't really like the feel of it. I thought - because the fleece is very clean - I could get around washing it. I don't think so... But I am not going to wash it myself - too much work and too little time. Pixie mentioned that she heard that you can send your fleece away for washing. Any suggestions?

Today was my last day at work - the new job starts tomorrow. I AM SO-O-O-O EXCITED!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with your new job tomorrow!

hugs! Katey

8:23 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Diane said...

Your dogs are so cute playing together!

Yes, there are many, many places that will process fleeces. Lots of my friends use Zeilingers. Although only one fleece is doable, just be patient. I find if I do something else while the laundry tub is filling/emptying, I don't rush the process.

9:50 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Nic said...

I like watching the dogs play too.. the yarn has such a interesting sheen to it.

7:13 AM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home