Knitting Without Dog Hair Is Not an Option

Hi there - My name is Claudia. I live with my hubby and our two furry kids in Georgia, USA. Originally I am from Germany - southern belle from Bavaria replanted to the Southern US. I am very addicted to knitting - 4-5 projects going at the same time... What can I say...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peckerwood, Georgia, United States

Saturday, November 04, 2006

On a Quiet Saturday Morning

I got up this morning - it was pretty pretty pretty chilly (41 degrees - feels like 35...), let the dogs out and took this picture of our backyard.

Saturday morning

It looks to me like I can wear a nice chunky sweater to the Stitch'N Bitch meeting in Gainesville - YAY. Love it when it's cold - I guess that's what you get when you were raised in the German Alps. ;-)

In a good mood and armed with a nice cup of coffee, I sat down and finished the Harry Potter sweater. Yup - all done.

Harry Potter Sweater - finished - ready to seam

Since I didn't know if I had enough of the red yarn, I added yellow stripes to the sleeves to match the scarf. I am sure you can guess whose Christmas gift the sweater is. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge...

Now I only have to clean up the intarsia mess - BLECCH - on the back side and seam it.

Harry Potter Sweater - Inside closeup

I also finished the little Haiku cardigan last week. Sorry it took me so long to post pictures but I did not have time to take them earlier. I finished the sleeves on Halloween. MARTA had a huge problem on my morning ride and we were stuck for 20 minutes. People got so mad. Folks, there is nothing you can do about it. You just get yourself in a tizzy and annoy your fellow train riders. So, I sat there and knitted away and actually finished the two sleeves before I got to my stop. I was quite pleased. He-he-he... But of course, that's because I am a dork who knits everywhere. Built-in therapy everywhere - YAY for that. So, here is the Haiku cardigan - I have some cute buttons somewhere I have to go find now. :-)

Haiku Cardigan - finished - ready to seam

And, I won something. Somehow I guessed the correct date when Sandy started blogging. She sent me this beautiful Corridale roving. I just want to roll in it. YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMY!!!

Sandys Gift - Corridale

THANKS SO MUCH SANDY!!!

Now my question is - should I spin it first or should I dye it first? What would you do?

I am off to get my stuff ready for my knitting group. Gotta pack Esmerelda - I am just going drag my spinning wheel along today - the SAFF loot, books, knitting, etc. etc. etc.

HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND - hope you can go knitting with some wonderful knitting friends like I will.

4 Comments:

Blogger Nic said...

The sweater looks really good. I can't wait so see how that roving spins up.

2:49 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dye it! Dye it! Dye it!
Then spin...

9:58 PM GMT-5  
Blogger jenifleur said...

It is so much fun to spin roving that you dyed yourself. You're so much more invested in color integrity in the spinning because you put those colors there and you want them to come out clear in the end.

Of course we know what Pixie would vote for, just don't boil your wool!

3:23 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Hockey Mom said...

You're welcome!

3:59 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home