Knitting Without Dog Hair Is Not an Option

Hi there - My name is Claudia. I live with my hubby and our two furry kids in Georgia, USA. Originally I am from Germany - southern belle from Bavaria replanted to the Southern US. I am very addicted to knitting - 4-5 projects going at the same time... What can I say...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peckerwood, Georgia, United States

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Never Say Never

I never won anything until yesterday. I am still in shock! ;-) In the past, I've played the lottery, bought tickets for raffles, etc., but never ever won anything. So at some point I stopped because it's a waste of money and energy. On the other hand, I get picked for stupid things on stage - you know, you go to some show and they need a volunteer for some silly trick. I ALWAYS get picked for that. Like I have a flashing sign over my head that says "Pick me, pick me..."

So what happened yesterday? At the Plying the Arts Festival last weekend, everyone got a raffle ticket with their package when they signed up for a class. That package also had some other goodies from several vendors at the show and a bunch of catalogs. And it came in a nice nylon sack you could carry around like a little backpack.

Anyway, there were two tables with all kinds of really cool stuff being raffled off. So, before we went to class, Pixie and I entered our raffle tickets for one of the door prizes. I, of course, was thinking that I'll never get it anyway. WELL - GUESS AGAIN!!!

Yesterday I got a package from the a festival person - hubby called and jokingly asked if I forgot anything at the festival. (I have a tendency to forget or lose things...) I said no, not that I could think of. He opened the package and it was the door prize. I WON!!!

Door Prize from Plying the Arts 2006

I got a cute little bag, gorgeous yarn and a pattern for a hat and mittens. I love the yarn - it is one skein of Mountain Colors Mogul and one skein of Mountain Colors 4/8's Wool. It is handpainted and the name of the color is "Crazy Woman". What a perfect fit for me! It is a combination of blues, reds and purples. I love it!

Well - I am a happy crazy woman now! ;-)

4 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

Congratulations! I bought some of that MC Moguls for a hat - it's nice stuff. Can't wait to see yours. Oh, and I hear I missed quite a "thing" at the library last night!

1:03 PM GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your prize box! What a nice surprise!

It looks like you and Pixie had a great girls' weekend together, but have the best of both worlds coming home after to your loved ones.

BTW: your list of knitted gifts is amazing. Good luck!!

7:33 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Courtney said...

Congratulations, Winner! Wow, gorgeous fun stuff! The pictures from the yarn dyeing are amazing too--maybe next time I'll be advanced enough to join in and learn too. So glad to meet you at the PBR Ball and hope to see you in person again soon. Until then, I am glad to read your blog. Such a talent!

8:51 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Jenny Massey said...

Weeee - what fun!

2:02 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home