Knitting Without Dog Hair Is Not an Option

Hi there - My name is Claudia. I live with my hubby and our two furry kids in Georgia, USA. Originally I am from Germany - southern belle from Bavaria replanted to the Southern US. I am very addicted to knitting - 4-5 projects going at the same time... What can I say...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peckerwood, Georgia, United States

Thursday, August 03, 2006

2.5 Done - 3 More Started - 18.5 to Finish...

I am sure you're wondering what the hell she is talking about...

My Xmas 2006 knitted gift list, of course. So what does the gibberish headline mean?

2.5 done - that's how many gifts I have finished already
3 more started - that's how many more I have started and are in my knitting bag
18.5 to finish - that's how many more I still have to finish

I have the yarn for all projects and I put two huge bins in my room - one bin is now full of yarn and the other bin is pretty empty. It should hold at some point all the knitted gifts. I can see you shaking your head just now... You know, I just want to not get stressed out this year and so I am being just a little anal at this point. I'll loosen up eventually. ;-) Here are the FO's:

Harry Potter Scarf

Harry Potter Scarf

Yarn: Knitpicks Crayon
Color: Red and Yellow
Needles: US #5

Felted Hat from Knit One, Felt Two

Felted Blue Hat

Yarn: Knitpicks Wool of the Andes and Suri Dream
Color: Rain and Blue Bonnet, Blueberry (Suri Dream)
Needles: US #11

Log Cabin Socks from Handknit Holidays

Login Cab Sock

Yarn: Patons Kroy Socks (Double-stranded)
Color: Flagstone and Windsor Tweed
Needles: US #6

Sock No. 2 is on the way. Don't let me get Second Sock Syndrome. ;-)

The new projects I started are:

Kids Socks with a pattern from Sensational Socks

Kid Socks on 1 Circular Needle

Yarn: Plymouth Yarn Socketta and Fun Fur (for the cuff)
Color: No. 30 - blue, yellow, pink, lime
Needles: US #1

I also started the Four Corners Hat and the English Garden Felted Carpetbag, but I have no pictures yet, sorry.

But wait, I have more FO's... Well, you know me - I knit all the time, except when I have to work or drive or sleep...

So, I made a black cotton beach beanie for myself. For any bad hair day coming my way - black is one of my favorite colors.

Posing in front of jigsaw puzzle

You see me standing in front of one of our framed jigsaw puzzles. Yes, hubby and I have a huge collection of famous paintings, hehehe... Actually, the jigsaw puzzle collection is hubby's hobby and it's HUGE. His stash is definitely bigger than mine! ;-)

I also added a second Mason-Dixon dishcloth to the first one. Both went to my Yahoo! Dishcloth pal in Canada.

Mason Dixon Dishcloth Exchange

Let me ask you something. I don't know if you have pets. We have two dogs. One of them is a Border Collie, which means she is SUPER ACTIVE. ;-) This is how Hermione tries to make me stop knitting and play with her. Any recommendations on how to not stop knitting and pet the poor, pitiful, neglected, furry child?

Hermione

Enough YADA, YADA, YADA... Have a great Thursday!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

Wow, you are really on a roll there! Me, I'm not making anyone knitted gifts this year. You heard it here first. Heh

3:25 PM GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew it!...saw your photos in flickr which looked suspiciously like new FO's...kept checking the blog expectantly...and finally...there they are! You motivate me to convert...not religiously but to Euroknitting...I wanna go Faster! Have been practicing a little on the knit and purl rows of my lace sweater.When I tried to purl, the stitches were backward on the needle! Ill have get with ya after the big workshop weekend. Have fun!

2:45 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Diane said...

There is no escape...you must stop and pet. Think of it as a furry toll booth.

11:52 AM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home