Knitting Without Dog Hair Is Not an Option

Hi there - My name is Claudia. I live with my hubby and our two furry kids in Georgia, USA. Originally I am from Germany - southern belle from Bavaria replanted to the Southern US. I am very addicted to knitting - 4-5 projects going at the same time... What can I say...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peckerwood, Georgia, United States

Monday, July 24, 2006

Crazy... Crazy... Crazy...

I finished my Christmas 2006 giftlist. UGH...

And now I feel:

a) GREAT... because I have a pretty complete gift list (and I even crossed out names after I put them on the list first).
b) SCARED... because there is a ton of projects I have to start and finish, too.
c) ANXIOUS... because now I can go through my stash and maybe, only maybe, make it smaller.
d) SURPRISED... because I also found something I can knit for hubby (he usually does not wear knitted stuff, only T-Shirts and shorts all year around).
e) HYPER... because I would like to take a month of vacation and just knit all these wonderful things. NOW!

I was so excited last night, after browsing all the books, taking notes etc., that I had to go tell somebody. The dogs don't care, so I told hubby that I finished my list and that I now will copy all the patterns, put them in a time order (I also realized that I have to make three birthday gifts by November), go through my stash and then order yarn and get started. Hubby looked at me and laughed. I am not going to tell you what he called me...

Here is the extensive list. I know who will get the following gifts, but I won't share this information, because some of these people read my blog:

Harry Potter Scarf (b-day gift)
English Garden Felted Carpetbag (b-day gift)
Stitch'N Pitch Sock (b-day gift)
Kid's Socks from Sensational Socks (b-day gift)
Ruffle Scarf from Holiday Knits
Men's Striped Scarf from Holiday Knits
Four Corners Hat from Hats: A Knitter's Dozen
Campus Scarf from Scarf Style
Fur-Trimmed Gauntlet Gloves from Handknit Holidays
Swing Thing
Petal Bib from One Skein
Baby Hat from One Skein
Tulip Toes
Tipless Gloves with Cable from Holiday Knits
Heraldic Lion Sweater
Menorah Pillow from Handknit Holidays
Log Cabin Socks from Handknit Holidays
Felted Hat from Knit One, Felt Two
Pom-Pom Boa from One Skein
Blizzard Scarf from Style
Two Felted Fido from Fiber Trends
Somersaulting Rim Trifold Bowl from A Second Treasury of Magical Knitting

The projects on the above list are a MUST... Shoot me now - nah, just kidding. I think all these projects will be a lot of fun for me to knit. So, I get something out of this, too. And then I have a list of quick gifts for friends and colleagues that I'll probably make up as I need them without a big deadline or anything.

Winter Placemats from Holiday Knits
Felted Oven Mitt from Felted Knits
Felted Coaster & Trivet from Felted Knits
Felted Coasters, Hot Pads & Beverage Jackets
Tropical Stripes Oven Set
from Knit One, Felt Two
Bright Placemats
Catnip Mouse
Braid Catnip Mouse
Felted Dog Toy
Knitted Lace Mat
Wire Votive Sleeves from Handknit Holidays
Felted Bowl from One Skein
Perdita Bracelets
Christmas Ornaments from various sources

And before we all fall into dizzy spells from reading these lists over and over, thinking too much about Christmas vacation, eggnog, turkey, etc., back to reality...

Last weekend we had another wonderful SNB meeting in Gainesville. And - we had the first appearance of a male. You male knitters rock! Steve drove at least 30 miles to knit with us. He finished the Lady Eleanor Entrelac Stole for his wife at the meeting. IT IS GORGEOUS!!! Lucky wife! You can find a picture of Steve and the stole on Pixie's blog. Now if only I could convince hubby to take up knitting, we could spend some time together. ;-)

I don't think we ever had a meeting where so many projects were finished. Pixie finished the back of her cute Hempathy tank top and I went home with a dishcloth and another Perdita wristlet.

You'll have to wait for the pictures for another day or two.

Oh - and before I forget. You can watch Pixie using her new gadget - a drop spindle - here. Don't you love the PJs ;-)

I am off to write Santa Claus an email to send some elfs for a knitting internship for the next 3 months. ;-) Have a great week!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Claudia, wow. Your list makes me tired...but hopefully you'll have a lot of SnB nights to do it all in!! And I really admire your organizational skills. :)

2:32 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home