Knitting Without Dog Hair Is Not an Option

Hi there - My name is Claudia. I live with my hubby and our two furry kids in Georgia, USA. Originally I am from Germany - southern belle from Bavaria replanted to the Southern US. I am very addicted to knitting - 4-5 projects going at the same time... What can I say...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peckerwood, Georgia, United States

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Back in the U.S.A.

Hello, hello, hello...

I am back - since yesterday afternoon. I left Germany in the middle of the night - my flight left at 6:45am local time (12:45am Atlanta time). So, with driving to the airport from the little Bavarian village etc., I "got up" at 9:45pm Monday night and after 17 hours of travelling I was back in Buford, Georgia. It was in the 40's when I left Germany, I was freakin' freezing and in Atlanta it was a "yummy" 85 degrees. That is what I call a change in weather... Luckily, I sometimes have a brain and I dressed in layers (5) and I packed the flipflops on the top of the bag for Atlanta. Off came 4 layers and the hiking boots when I arrived at Hartsfield. Geez - it does not have to be soooo extreme. But, oh no, we don't have global warming...

So, I am sitting here with matches holding my eyes open. No, it is not that bad but my internal clock is somehow still set on German time and I woke up last night at 2am (which is 8am in Germany) and I thought, hell - this is way too early. I managed to doze some more but I have a feeling I am going to bed early today...

And I got to do some unpacking and laundry. Mom tried to wash everything she could steal from my room before I left but she did not find everything. ;-) I truly felt like I was in a time warp and back in 1986...

I had a really good time. Although being with your parents 24/7 for 10 days can be interesting. As much as I love my folks, I am almost 39 years old and I have been living out of the parental nest for almost 20 years. But nevertheless, I spent almost the entire time with them - of course - and my sister and brother and some very dear friends.

I knitted a lot since the weather was so accommodating for this addiction. Since I had only 1.5 days of sunshine and the rest was rain and rain and more rain, Mom and I knitted almost competitively. :-) She started a very cool cardigan for me. And ripped the whole thing and started over with one size bigger needles and since she was at it, she also started the whole cardigan in one piece, meaning both fronts and the back together. "It just looks nicer" is what she said. And she always amazes me, she does not mind ripping. I sure do...

I got to wear my finished socks most of the days at home. My parents have tiles and wood in their apartment and I did not bring any warm pairs of socks - what a lucky coincidence that I had one on my needles...

I took a ton of pictures - of my niece and my niece, and oh, of my niece. Yeah - I already mentioned a gazillion times that she is super-cute. But I also took a bunch of pictures of the rest of my family and the town and surroundings and my knitting projects. Bear with me - hubby already transferred them from the camera. If I have time, I'll post some tomorrow.

Since I am having trouble with the Internet connection, I'll keep this post short. Just wanted to let y'all know that I am back and I am still addicted to knitting. Wait until you see my new imported stash ;-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

Welcome home! Remember to bring everything on Wednesday night.

7:46 AM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home