Knitting Without Dog Hair Is Not an Option

Hi there - My name is Claudia. I live with my hubby and our two furry kids in Georgia, USA. Originally I am from Germany - southern belle from Bavaria replanted to the Southern US. I am very addicted to knitting - 4-5 projects going at the same time... What can I say...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peckerwood, Georgia, United States

Monday, May 15, 2006

4 Days and Counting...

On Friday around this time I'll be hanging out at the Atlanta airport waiting for my flight to Munich via Amsterdam. I know I will miss my hubby and the furry kids terribly, but I also can't wait to see my family, especially my new niece - she'll be four weeks old next Monday. I don't know who is more excited, me or my mom. Yesterday on the phone she said: "Oh my, next Sunday you are going to be here already!"

I had a very productive knitting weekend - more about this in the next blog entry. Gotta be patient with me, I took a ton of pictures that need to be processed... And blogger.com sometimes acts up and doesn't let me upload pictures as fast as I want to and the webpage crashes... But I won't complain. As hubby says, you don't look a gift horse in the month. After all blogger.com is a free service...

So - I'll be posting one more entry after this one before I leave for the vacation and then you'll hear from me again when I get back, at the beginning of June. Enjoy the break ;-)

In the meantime, I have a few things I wanted to share - not soooo knitting related.

What, if women ruled the world:


And here are some pictures of the roses and the rhododendron in our front yard. I can not believe how pretty they are - especially since I don't do anything for them. No watering with champagne and no classical music for the roses. Just gorgeous, all by themselves. Don't you just love nature - making the best out of nothing?




OK, I have one knitting related picture for you. Pixie took a snap shot of me knitting at the SNB-NEGA meeting on Saturday. You can see more pictures of our meetings at her blog photo album.


And as you can see on my T-Shirt - I am one of her biggest fans. No, Pixie, don't get scared. I am not the dangerous kind, even with the pointy stix in my hands ;-)

More pictures and stories about my knitting projects in my next report - have a great week.

4 Comments:

Blogger Hockey Mom said...

Pretty flowers! And that is a Rhododendron, cousin of the azalea.

See you Wednesday!

3:27 PM GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the roses, they're gorgeous! The rhododendron is pretty too, I just have a soft spot for rose bushes.

3:41 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Claudia said...

Learned something - thank you ladies! At least I was close with the azalea since the rhododendron is a cousin :-)

8:54 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Jane said...

Your flower photos are fabulous! Have a wonderful vacation.

10:38 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home