Knitting Without Dog Hair Is Not an Option

Hi there - My name is Claudia. I live with my hubby and our two furry kids in Georgia, USA. Originally I am from Germany - southern belle from Bavaria replanted to the Southern US. I am very addicted to knitting - 4-5 projects going at the same time... What can I say...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peckerwood, Georgia, United States

Friday, April 21, 2006

Camp Glisson

No, hubby is not sending me to boot camp this weekend. I am not that bad, at least not in my mind. ;-) A friend convinced me to accompany her on a women's spiritual retreat weekend. Now, if you know me, you know that I am not a very religious person. My parents raised me as a good Catholic girl but in my teens I decided that I would follow more my scientific mind... Evolution exists, you know... Anyway - that's as far I will take this excursion into the subject of religion - especially since I now live in the Bible Belt.

So - I am spending the weekend with a bunch of lovely women (I believe we are 50 in total) in the Georgia Mountains on a camp ground.

14 women in one cabin, that will be interesting. Who gets to go to the bathroom first? Well, I hope handicapped people (I am still wearing the knee brace) get to go first, he-he-he... Maybe my knee condition is good for something after all.

I brought 3 knitting projects and a bunch of yarn and needles in case somebody wants to learn how to knit. My friend told me she raved about me to the other women and told them I am knitting teacher. We’ll see how much I get done on my projects. ;-) I also remembered to bring the camera. I’ll post pix next week.

Y’all have a good weekend. Let’s hope I won’t come back too reformed. Maybe like one of the Stepford Wives – wouldn’t that be lovely? ;-)

This is probably what I will think Sunday morning in my upper bunk bed:

1 Comments:

Blogger Pixiepurls said...

hah i love that sign!!

8:07 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home