Knitting Without Dog Hair Is Not an Option

Hi there - My name is Claudia. I live with my hubby and our two furry kids in Georgia, USA. Originally I am from Germany - southern belle from Bavaria replanted to the Southern US. I am very addicted to knitting - 4-5 projects going at the same time... What can I say...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peckerwood, Georgia, United States

Friday, April 28, 2006

Friday - this was a long week...

And I am glad it is over - a few more hours and I can leave the office for the weekend. I am going to a new SNB knitting group tonight after work. Why Knot Knit, a great yarn store in Buckhead - literally in walking distance from the office - hosts a knit-together from 5pm to 8pm. The location is dangerous for my credit card and so far I have not been over there very often. I heard that the meeting last Friday (the first one) was a lot of fun and they had 10 knitters there. I'll keep you posted.

So here is this week's update: WORK WAS CRAZY... Nothing new there, but it was just more crazy than usual.

AND AHHHH... I got my "release papers" from the orthopedist. The knee is a lot better. No more brace. He wants me to come back for a check-up in June. After my trip to Germany! Which brings me to the next topic.

I booked my flights - alrighty! I first thought about postponing the trip into June since my nephew has a couple of weeks of vacation - Germans have soooo much vacation. And my sister wanted to take some time off, too. But when I checked airfares, I thought a truck hit me. One week later the airfare would have been $1,300 instead $770. No way!!! I am not Rockefeller. So here is what I booked:

Depart from Atlanta Fri, May 19 12:29 pm via Amsterdam
Arrive in Munich Sat, May 20 8:20 am

LOTS OF KNITTING TIME HERE!!! But not enough time to go to a coffee shop in Amsterdam ;-)

Then I spend 10 days here:


And my return flight leaves on Tue, May 30 at 6:45 am. This gets me back to Atlanta at 1:50 pm the same day. I am very excited and so is my family. Can't wait to get my hands on my new niece. According to my brother (who is super-proud) she is just the greatest thing. Well - I believe him. Even though I think his vision is a little bit blurred from all the daddy-hormones kicking in :-)

Anyway - it is Friday. Yay - a weekend full of knitting ahead. I have to make up for last weekend's lost time. I have no new pictures yet - I'll take some over the weekend. For tonight's knit-together I have three projects in my basket:

No. 1 - a pair of socks. I splurged and got myself a skein of Mountain Colors (hand-painted yarns) Bearfoot - in Wildflower. It is gorgeous and very soft. Since I had a gift certificate, I did not cringe too much about the price tag of $21.75. UGH - usually I don't throw money around like this. But since I had to get rid of the gift certificate... I guess there is always an excuse ;-) So, I am on sock no. 1 and this is the first time I am knitting my heel with short rows. I am not very happy. I think I am more a flap heel person. But I won't rip it.

No. 2 in the basket (sounds almost like a TV show...) is the white sweater. I am still knitting the back and almost to the point where I have to decrease for the armholes. This pattern is killing me. It is very nice and not very hard, BUT there are so many stitches... 176 - BUT I had to use fingering yarn. Why didn't anybody talk me out of this??? Oh, well, I am not giving up - yet...

And the last project is the Cami Soleil from knitty.com. I am finished with the border pattern. It is knitted in the round and I have 160 stitches on my circulars. It is a lace pattern that repeats 3 times and then you plunge into boring stockinette stitch land... Perfect for a knitting group - you don't have to pay too much attention to a complicated pattern and can fully participate in the bitching part of the SNB ;-)

Besides the SNB NEGA meeting tomorrow and teaching a beginner knitting class on Sunday I will not do much. Maybe I can spend some time in the backyard with these two cuties:




Our adorable furballs... I guess now my doggie-mommy hormones are kicking in... OK, y'all have a wonderful weekend. I promise to have more knitting pictures next time. Cross my heart...

3 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

Fabu dogs!! Have fun on your trip. If any Opal sock yarn falls into your bag by mistake, I'll take it off your hands. hee hee

3:57 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Mouse said...

Another knit night? Seriously woman, do you EVER go home? ;) Those puppies need a mommy too you know!! (tee hee) glad your knee is feeling better!

8:58 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Pixiepurls said...

great seeing you today!! Thanks again for the wonderful socks, I am wearing them right now :)

5:48 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home