Knitting Without Dog Hair Is Not an Option

Hi there - My name is Claudia. I live with my hubby and our two furry kids in Georgia, USA. Originally I am from Germany - southern belle from Bavaria replanted to the Southern US. I am very addicted to knitting - 4-5 projects going at the same time... What can I say...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peckerwood, Georgia, United States

Monday, April 24, 2006

Monday & PMS Blues

Here we go again... Ok, not so interesting for the male reader... One of my girlfriends send me this hilarious link. Listen to Dolly Parton singing about the PMS Blues... And since I felted the Dolly Parton basket a little while ago, I thought I'd share this with you ;-)

The women's retreat last weekend was interesting and that is all I am going to say on my blog. Here are some pix I took at the camp. The scenery in the mountains is gorgeous. It was cold and rainy, but since we spent most of the time indoors, it didn't matter much.






I did not get a lot of knitting done over the weekend - oh, well...

Today, hopefully, I'll see the PT for the last time. I already walked around at the camp without the brace. Don't tell on me, but it is so uncomfortable - so the rebel in me took it off. But I carried it around, just in case.

And while I was at the camp, my adorable niece Julia was born. She took her sweet time to get here. Due date was April 11 and 11 days later she decided it was time.

Here are her stats:
Julia was born on Saturday, April 22, 2006 at 6 pm local time in Germany (12:00 noon in Georgia, USA), 3650 g (8.04 lbs), 53 cm (20.86 inches). Good-sized little girl with a thick, black head of hair - oh my... No wonder my sister-in-law had constant heartburn. An old wive's tale - if you have a lot of heartburn during the pregnancy, your baby has a lot of hair. Well, here is the proof:


AND - Did you notice the baby blanket? Wasn't my doing. Grandma, or as we say in German, "Oma" (my mom - the other crazy knitter in the family), is also knitting up a storm for this cute little girl. In the next picture you can see the matching booties on Julia's feet. Oma is the best!

And here is the proud Dad - my little bro. Man, time flies: I remember vividly how we used to chase each other around my parents' apartment about 30 years ago. And now he has turned me into an aunt.


Sorry for the non-knitting-related blog entry. More about knitting next time, since I still have some projects on pointy stix. Have a good week!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't apologize for that non-knitting blog! Seeing that precious baby has made my day!

12:28 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Hockey Mom said...

Congratulations! She is absolutely gorgeous.

2:14 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Mouse said...

Awww.. congrats! I had no idea about the heartburn during pregnancy old wives tale but its definitely true with me as well. I had heartburn every dang day for my whole pregancy and my son had a full head of (blonde) hair just like hers! Never lost it either!

8:56 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home