Knitting Without Dog Hair Is Not an Option

Hi there - My name is Claudia. I live with my hubby and our two furry kids in Georgia, USA. Originally I am from Germany - southern belle from Bavaria replanted to the Southern US. I am very addicted to knitting - 4-5 projects going at the same time... What can I say...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peckerwood, Georgia, United States

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

What is new in my stash...

Before my "knitting-related" accident last weekend, I got several packages of incredible yarn - YAY - here are the pix and where they came from.

This "heap" I got from Jane. She is clearing out her stash since she is moving to a new house and needs to get rid of some stuff. It was a steal and I couldn't resist. How come I know all these enablers???



I got 5 skeins Mandarin Petit (black) (yes, one is already hanging out on needles and being turned into a Clapotis shawl), 4 skeins Lamb's Pride Bulky (several colors), 10 balls Crystal Palace Merino Frappe (silver grey) and 7 hanks Felting Wool (85% wool/15% mohair). Yummy - can't wait to do some funky felted bags!!!

And then I found this real nice online store when I was looking for blocking wires. Yes, I finally broke down and bought some. After 25 years of knitting, I thought, it's time. We'll see how it turns out. Usually, I am not a big blocker (shhhh, don't tell my knitting students...) but I thought I'd give it a try. So, while I was at Angelika's Yarn Store, I had to look at yarn, too. Well - you always have to look at sales, right?



And I bought 8 hanks of 2nd Time Cotton Yarn from Knit One Crochet Too. Love the yarn - it's soft and the color is a variegated mix of orange, pink, dark yellow and light green. Can't wait to see how that looks on some pointy stix.

I have to tell you that Angelika is wonderful. After a little hiccup with a broken ruler (UPS was too stupid to read labels on the package and they broke the blocking ruler), her customer service to get me a new ruler was superfast and very accommodating. Thanks again Angelika! And while we were emailing back and forth, we found out that we come from the same country. Germans rock!

Ok - what else? I got a bunch of yarn from Knit Picks:



Some textured cotton yarn in super-bright orange (summer, here we come!), two different variegated sock yarns (got to plan for fall...) and some ribbon yarn (the color is called "Fireworks" and I just realized that the colors are white, blue and red - go figure - fireworks..., guess I can whip something up for Fourth of July).

And finally - enough with the new yarn already... I know. Some of the Wednesday SNB knitters kept raving about WEBS. Hey - they still have their anniversary sale going through April and May. Go look!!!



I got a bag of Debbie Bliss - wool/cotton (grey), a bag of Vaudeville (100% Merino wool knitted ribbon yarn with a bulky weight gauge) and two skeins of Lamb's Pride Bulky (Creme).

All that should tide me over a couple of weeks - JUST KIDDING - more likely a couple of years... At the rate I am finishing projects at the moment...

And the knee update - I will have my second physical therapy later today. I am still in pain but I can deal with the level without taking Darvocet - no thanks, I am loopy enough already. We'll see how it goes with PT. I am very hopeful that this will do the trick and hopefully no orthepedist will have to sharpen his knives anytime soon for my knee. Keep your fingers and toes crossed. OK, OK, OK, if you must knit - then just the toes...

I'll keep you posted!

3 Comments:

Blogger Pixiepurls said...

I don't like webs, I don't think their prices are that impressive and I have seen LOTS of bloggers get messed up orders!

5:56 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Jane said...

Ooh, NICE yarn! For now, I'm just looking. After moving, all bets are off. Keeping toes crossed for good PT results (need them fingers for knitting, don't 'ya know.)

9:24 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Claudia said...

Pixie - Thanks for sharing the info about WEBS - I heard only good things so far and the yarn I got was a good deal - but one never knows...

6:21 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home