Knitting Without Dog Hair Is Not an Option

Hi there - My name is Claudia. I live with my hubby and our two furry kids in Georgia, USA. Originally I am from Germany - southern belle from Bavaria replanted to the Southern US. I am very addicted to knitting - 4-5 projects going at the same time... What can I say...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peckerwood, Georgia, United States

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Field Trip with the SNB NEGA Group

Ha - I still owe a trip report - so to speak. The SnB NEGA (Northeast Georgia) group went on their first field trip. So, what does a bunch of knitters do on their field trip: find a good place for food/drinks and knitting and of course a LYS for invasion. And that's exactly what we did. We drove to Dahlonega, up north in the peaceful, serene Blue Ridge Mountains. Everything up there is soooo "purdy" (that's how "we" say "pretty"). You can actually dig for gold in Dahlonega - "Thar's gold in them thar hills!" But who cares about gold when you can go and look for some wonderful yarn...

So, we had lunch at a great place called Crimson Moon. This is us:



You can hear about the group and see more pictures on Pixie Purls' podcast and blog. Yup - we are famous ;-)

After we took care of hunger and thirst, everybody got the projects out and we knitted. And time flew by - all of a sudden it was one o'clock and we walked to the yarn store. YES - you read correctly - we walked. I loved that. Where I come from (small town in the Bavarian mountains in Germany) you don't drive everywhere, you walk or you take your bicycle. Anyway - we had gorgous weather and Dahlonega is a cute little town.

We visited the local yarn and quilting store Magical Threads - a great store. Very nice selection of yarn. But I was a good girl. I've bought so much yarn recently - so I indulged myself with only one (!!!) ball of sock yarn and a knitting magazine. Am I good or what...



After the visit to the yarn store, the hardcore knitters didn't want to go home yet, so we looked for a nice place to sit and knit. And boy, did we get lucky. We found a table in a corner on a porch on the second floor of a restaurant/ice cream place. Sorry, I don't remember the name, but it was right on the square. So we grabbed that table, it was self-service - nobody bothered us - and we just knitted and chatted and stitched and bitched. It was great - these gals are just very lovely and fun people - well, what do you expect - they're knitters.

So, we decided we have to do that again very soon. The next trip will probably take us to the Athens area. Yeah - right - we are going to Greece for the day. I wish - been island hopping there once - in a former life... It is very nice, sunny and beachy ;-) Ahhhhh - a vacation would be nice now... But no, we're staying here and visiting Athens, GEORGIA, for a day. That's OK, too.

1 Comments:

Blogger claudia said...

Hi Claudia! Its wonderful to meet another one...doesn't happen all that often.

;-)

Welcome to the blogiverse.

http://www.claudiasblog.net

3:27 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home