Knitting Without Dog Hair Is Not an Option

Hi there - My name is Claudia. I live with my hubby and our two furry kids in Georgia, USA. Originally I am from Germany - southern belle from Bavaria replanted to the Southern US. I am very addicted to knitting - 4-5 projects going at the same time... What can I say...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peckerwood, Georgia, United States

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

"Hel-lo Wednesday." "Hel-lo blog."

If you are a Seinfeld fan, you will probably get the reference... Hubby and I are anxiously awaiting the release of Season 7 on DVD. This show is just too funny. And guess what, when I lived in Germany, I watched the show once and I thought - Oh my God, that is the stupidest show on the planet. And why? Dubbing it in German made all the great New York black/dry humor disappear. But that's what the Germans do - translate before broadcasting on German TV. Same thing with movies. That is why I don't mind watching some movies again in their original version since it is very different from the dubbed version. And of course living in the US helps to understand more of the references. Enough excursion to German culture for the moment ;-) More education for you later...

Finally Georgia seems to be getting some real spring weather. It was very foggy this morning on my way to work (1 hour 5 min for 38 miles) and now the sun is coming through. I wouldn't mind having some warmer weather soon. It is good for motivation - more stuff to do outdoors. Like knitting on the square in Gainesville with the Saturday SNB knitting group. So, today I feel like this:



Do you feel like hugging the world, too? In addition to nice weather (how trivial...) what can better be than having a great hubby, two cute dogs (well behaved - if they would behave any better, they would be stuffed animals...) and a lot of yarn stashed in the closet for many knitting projects to come, even some summer projects? I guess the only thing that could top this would be more time for knitting... No, I don't sound obsessed with this hobby, do I?

Finally I found a great knitting mantra or if you want to call it 10 Knitting Commandments on Wendy Knits' Blog - How to be a BAD-ASS Knitter. I like it... My favorite - no. 9: Never apologize for knitting cat/dog hair into your sweater. It's all the warmer!

The knitting group last night was great - very warm and welcoming to a new face. I will try and go back on Tuesdays when I have other knitting commitments.

Have a great Wednesday - just got some work dumped on my desk... Off to the "real" thing now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home