Knitting Without Dog Hair Is Not an Option

Hi there - My name is Claudia. I live with my hubby and our two furry kids in Georgia, USA. Originally I am from Germany - southern belle from Bavaria replanted to the Southern US. I am very addicted to knitting - 4-5 projects going at the same time... What can I say...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peckerwood, Georgia, United States

Thursday, March 23, 2006

More pictures - I am on a roll here...

After I got home from the knitting session last night, I took a few more pictures. I know, not all of them are super-duper. Impatient me didn't want to fiddle with the tripod and some nice fabric on the dining room table. If you look closely, you can see some dog hair on the red background. I laid the projects on the futon in the guest room - which is (guess what) the doggie futon. Well, mostly the dogs lounge around there when I am knitting there. And then they leave tons of hair... I wonder if it would be enough to knit something with dog hair... The thought of it makes my neck hairs stand up. I don't think I could wear something knitted out of Hermione's or Noah's fur...

And - if you want to spend a lot of time looking at the cutest animal pictures online, click here --> Cute Overload

Before you start wondering if I'll ever shut up, here are the promised pix:

I finished the Mid-March Dishcloth (ahead of time... - bad girl... but the instructions kept repeating themselves...):

Here is another dishcloth I tried:

I saw a baby blanket in a book (Vogue Knitting on the Go: Baby Blankets, by Trisha Malcolm) I bought recently that has a similar pattern. I wonder if I should try that blanket for Julia - if I have time... I still have to finish the fluffy one.

AND - I got yarn on eBay - cotton and sock yarn. Super deal... of course...


And these yarns came from Numei:


I finished Julia's cardigan - told you that baby has lots of knitting to wear - thankfully Southern Germany is a lot colder than Georgia...


And I started matching booties (since I had yarn left over from the cardigan - I am trying to reduce stash... ahhh... what a nice thought...) from a GREAT booties book (50 Baby Bootees to Knit from Zoe Mellor). The bootie looks really weird before you sew it together. I have to take a pic of the second one before I finish it:


Alright - time to do something I actually get paid for... HAPPY THURSDAY - THE WEEKEND IS CLOSE - YAY!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I love your dishcloths, they look so beautiful - and so the baby items, great work done!
It seems you're also one of these Ebayers who can't resist a good yarn-deal - same for me over here, I'm already thinking of starting an Ebay-Yarn-Anonymous-group :)
Have fun knitting, and best wishes from Austria!

5:49 AM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home