Knitting Without Dog Hair Is Not an Option

Hi there - My name is Claudia. I live with my hubby and our two furry kids in Georgia, USA. Originally I am from Germany - southern belle from Bavaria replanted to the Southern US. I am very addicted to knitting - 4-5 projects going at the same time... What can I say...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peckerwood, Georgia, United States

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

What a cute cartoon...


Doesn't that look like a SNB knitting group?

A lot of things got done this weekend – the new yard care/lawn company came out for the first time and mowed. Now our front lawn looks normal and the armada of weeds is gone. Hubby and I fixed the bent tree again. Last time, the stake was not long enough and it got pulled out by the first rain. The soil on our sloping front lawn (especially in the flower bed) is really crappy. Anyway - now there is a long stake to keep the tree upright and so far - even with rain today - it works.

Also some success with regards to finishing up some knitting - what can you do to make time go by when you have five loads of laundry? I was also thinking about a bath for the dogs - but that got kicked off the list since they don't smell. Good thing that we have indoor dogs.

SO - what did I do knit-wise? I finished Julia’s baby blanket. It is very, very fluffy – a hot pink cloud. Hopefully the child is not allergic to acylic ;-)

And I started a new baby blanket – for a friend here in the US. I have some more yarn (of course) and a vintage lace pattern for a baby blanket (knitted from the center in the round outwards - you bind off 576 stitches - shoot me now...) So, actually I wanted to knit a second one for my niece. But when I told my Mom about it, she got all huffy – because she almost finished a baby blanket for her first grand daughter. Well – don’t want to get on my Mom’s bad side (she once broke a wooden cooking spoon on my brother’s butt...- of course he deserved it...).

I still haven’t booked my flight to Germany, but at least I know the time frame: May 12 to 22 or 23. We’ll see. I looked at tickets online, but boy-oh-boy they sure are expensive at the moment. I’ll wait a little longer – maybe I can snatch up a great deal in April.

Have you ever wondered what cats and dogs would put on their blogs – here you go: click here --> Cat's and Dog's Blog

And then I found something really interesting – I really don’t remember how I stumbled across this... You must know – I loved to play with Lego (I was not really a girl playing with dolls). Here are the Top 10 Strangest Lego Creations. Guess what my favorite is... Of course – No 4. Lego Knitting Machine. I just don’t know what is so strange about a knitting machine... Maybe because this is a Lego one ;-)

And for the word buffs amongst you - the Top Ten Favorite Words that are not in the dictionary. Again – I like No. 4 – Chillax – reminds me very much of hanging out and knitting.

Do you sometimes feel like something must be wrong with you because you actually like your job - well, there is... Here is a "lost" Dr. Seuss poem for you (if you click on the picture, it enlarges and it's easier to read):


Alright - enough blahblahblah for Tuesday. I am going to a new (new in new for me) knitting group. I heard from a bunch of people that this group is really fun and they meet at 5pm. Perfect for me to scoot over after work - and hopefully beat the rush hour traffic with that. I'll keep you posted.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

Gotta love that Dr. Seuss!

7:25 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home