Knitting Without Dog Hair Is Not an Option

Hi there - My name is Claudia. I live with my hubby and our two furry kids in Georgia, USA. Originally I am from Germany - southern belle from Bavaria replanted to the Southern US. I am very addicted to knitting - 4-5 projects going at the same time... What can I say...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peckerwood, Georgia, United States

Thursday, February 23, 2006

All done :-)

The Knitting Olympics project is done – I finished blocking at 7pm on Sunday, February 19, 2006. I can’t believe it. The border pattern gave me trouble at the beginning and I had to rip a few times – but finally the pattern made sense. At the beginning I had to sit in my room with no distractions to follow the instructions, but after a while I was able to at least listen to a book on CD – a hilarious one: “The Nanny Diaries” by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus. Here is a pic from the blocking session and also one from the shawl after it dried:





Here is some amusement for you - I found this on another blog – quite funny. You can enter your own name and it'll come up with your definition:


Claudia --
[adjective]:

Pretentiously academian

'How will you be defined in the dictionary?' at QuizGalaxy.com


Hahaha... You have no idea how true this definition is. Ask my husband - I pretend that I understand when I don't...

I also finished my first dishcloth from the KAL Dishcloth group – it turned out really nice. Interesting lace pattern. I’ll probably give it to my sis-in-law since it matches the hat and the baby booties I knitted for my niece (ETA – April 15).



This is the baby hat and bootie set. For the hat I took the Miss Dashwood pattern again. It is so cute with the earflaps, and keeps the baby's ears warm.



For the booties I used a pattern from the Spring Issue of my German knitting magazine VERENA. It has a tiny cable on top of the bootie. I used a cotton yarn and hopefully Julia's first summer will not be too cold and too wet – but in Germany you never know…

The blanket I am knitting for her is still on the needles. I am almost done with the first ball of yarn – 5 more to go. I bought some very soft yarn in bright pink to match the hat and the booties.

And finally I found a felting pattern in the new book from Eva Wiechmann “Pursenatilities Plus” that is perfect for my enormous stash of left over yarn. I stuck to the pattern but I am using not only 6 colors, but a gazillion. Here is a picture of the bag’s body before the felting. Hubby looked at it and said that I could wear it as skirt (so now you know how big it is) – very Seventies though…



The weather is awful at the moment – lots of rain. Which means lots of knitting time – I like that part. I started car pooling with a friend this week and it is working out quite well. Instead of listening to CD books, we get a lot of chatting done :-)

Besides the bag I am also working on a footie – a sock without a long shaft. Perfect to wear around the house and for the spring. Here is the link to the online pattern.
http://www.socknitters.com/PATTERNS/footies.htm.

I am using Kroy sock yarn. I had to rip three times yesterday – twice at the SNB knit-together at the library and once again at home – the lace pattern was still screwed up. That is what you get when you talk too much and don’t pay attention. Or maybe it’s because I can’t count…

Alright, enough for now – got to go...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home