Knitting Without Dog Hair Is Not an Option

Hi there - My name is Claudia. I live with my hubby and our two furry kids in Georgia, USA. Originally I am from Germany - southern belle from Bavaria replanted to the Southern US. I am very addicted to knitting - 4-5 projects going at the same time... What can I say...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peckerwood, Georgia, United States

Thursday, February 16, 2006

What’s new – what’s finished?



Here is a pix of the wild animals that drag me away from my knitting. They are just such pitiful little doggies. And since Mommy is not home much – working and knitting with other people – they can get very needy. Which is kind of funny since hubby is a stay-at-home doggie dad and they truly have 24/7 entertainment. But that is just how it is in life – you always want more of the stuff you can’t have all the time. Which means for poor hubby he is dead meat to the dogs when I am around...


Anyway – here is the Miss Dashwood hat. It turned out very cute. The new owner, my colleague’s one-year-old daughter knew right away what to do with it and put the hat on her head.


And here is my Olympics project. That was the portion I had done by Sunday morning 10am – about one third of the shawl – 13 repeats of the 37 repeats for the body. By now I have 31 repeats and I hope to finish it tonight. And then I have to attach the border on each short side of the shawl and block it. That will be interesting. Never done a lace shawl before.

What else – I am getting a little break from teaching at JoAnn's. Which is good since I would like to finish my Olympics project in time. And then I already have a list of things in my head that need to be knitted for the niece that will hopefully come into this world sometime in mid-April. I am thinking of a fuzzy baby blanket, another Miss Dashwood hat and baby booties. And maybe Kate the kitty from knitty.com ( http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter05/PATTkate.html ). Lots on the list – little time as usual. More later…

3 Comments:

Blogger Actcrabby said...

The shawl is looking good. I'm amazed at how much you get done.

10:47 PM GMT-5  
Blogger AmyArtisan said...

It looks like you are making great progress on the Olympic shawl - can't wait to see the end result. :)

The little girl hat is adorable - where did you find the pattern?

Welcome to the knit blog world! I just joined in at the start of 2006 as well. (Came to your site through the link at the Dishcloth KAL)

5:14 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Bron said...

Hi Claudia
Your shawl is beautiful!

3:13 AM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home