Knitting Without Dog Hair Is Not an Option

Hi there - My name is Claudia. I live with my hubby and our two furry kids in Georgia, USA. Originally I am from Germany - southern belle from Bavaria replanted to the Southern US. I am very addicted to knitting - 4-5 projects going at the same time... What can I say...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peckerwood, Georgia, United States

Friday, August 25, 2006

I like Friday - Friday is a Good Day!

This week is over - I had a ton of things going on. Not all nice – blecch...

No big plans for this weekend, thankfully. I feel the weeks are zooming by at the moment, and I come up for air on Sundays, take a deep breath and plunge into the next week - like a swimmer in a race... Well, Labor Day weekend is coming up and my boss decided to be very very very nice and close the office Friday and Monday - WOO-HOO! And hubby and I have travel plans - WOO-HOO to that, too. We usually stay home, enjoy our house and hang out with the dogs, since I am such a busy bee most of the times. So, the upcoming trip is very exciting. More about it in a little bit.

I think I am going to visit Pixie more often – hehehe... We hung out last night - went to dinner (yummy sushi), knitted, watched a movie - Signs - and I went home with lovely goodies:

Pixie Hand spun yarn

Pixie spun this - SHE IS SO GOOD. This is Merino/Silk/Angora - Navajo Ply 50 yards. I can't believe she gave this to me. She said she does not want to knit it - so I am the happy receiver. I'll have to think of something cute - a little purse maybe?

And that's not all - she also gave me this:

Pixie's Hand spun Yarn

That was 2 ounces of hand-dyed 100% wool from LHF Designs. Pixie bought it at The Plying the Arts 2006 Festival. A very cool variegation of greens - maybe for a cell phone case? Pixie said I could felt it. But I would never do that - that would ruin the nice look of the handspun yarn.

I also got another FO - finally both of the kid's socks are done:

Kids socks - FO

Yarn: Plymouth Yarn Socketta and Fun Fur (for the cuff)
Color: No. 30 - blue, yellow, pink, lime
Needles: US #1

And I started the Harry Potter sweater - another one of the Xmas gifts. I am using the same yarn as for the HP scarf - gee - I guess it's for the same person. ;-) I started with the back this week, actually on Tuesday. OK, go ahead - give me some more grief because I sometimes knit fast... It is plain Stockinette stitch (perfect for mindless knitting sessions) and I need approx. 3 more inches.

Harry Potter Sweater - the back, almost done

Yarn: Knitpicks Crayon
Color: Red and Yellow
Needles: US #4

Once I got the back done, I have an idea where to center the Gryffindor on the front. And I was thinking about knitting the sleeves together on one needle to get them done at the same time. I am looking forward to the intarsia on the front - I haven't done an intarsia project in a really long time.

Alrighty - that's it for now. Have a wonderful, wonderful weekend!

2 Comments:

Blogger Pixiepurls said...

yay for FO's!

11:46 AM GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both sleeves at the same time is the way to go. Some people don't like working with 2 ends but it's never been a problem for me. I do the same thing for cardigan fronts.

10:26 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home