Knitting Without Dog Hair Is Not an Option

Hi there - My name is Claudia. I live with my hubby and our two furry kids in Georgia, USA. Originally I am from Germany - southern belle from Bavaria replanted to the Southern US. I am very addicted to knitting - 4-5 projects going at the same time... What can I say...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peckerwood, Georgia, United States

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Got Another Package!

Well, August sure has been a great month so far. If you completely overlook the heat in Georgia. But staying inside with the a/c running helps a bunch with that problem.

I got a package yesterday from Coarine. She sent me a lovely dishcloth and some candles with a fridge magnet. Very cool - l@@kie here:

Monthly Dishcloth Exchange

And she included the pattern for Seamore the seahorse as well. Thank you Coarine!

On another note - besides the three pairs of socks I am working on currently, I also started another one of the Xmas gifts, the Ruffle Scarf from Holiday Knits:

Ruffle Scarf

Yarn: Knitpicks Shine
Color: Blush
Needles: US #5 and 6 (I am actually using my new Knitpicks needles - very nice pointy metal circulars)

Oh, in case you are wondering what that browinsh edge is... I had to make a provisionial cast-on because I have to pick up 250 stitches on this edge for the ruffle. And then, get this - I knit 6 rows and every other row I add stitches. I end with 997 stitches to bind off. UGH!!!

So, here is the update on the Xmas list statistics (total of 28 - counted each sock and glove):
7 done
4 more in the works
17 more to start and finish

And here are the poochies watching a movie with Mommy - one on each end of the sofa. Too cute!

Lazy Hermione Lazy Noah

And speaking of poochies, here is a fun quiz I found:



You Are a Dalmatian Puppy



Kind, bright, and very energetic.
Firemen love to pat your little head.

And of course I had to do this one, too:



Your Inner European Is Italian


Passionate and colorful.
You show the world what culture really is.

So, I am an Italian Dalmatian??? Mamma Mia - not a German Shepherd?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the quiz! I'm Italian too. :) And my inner Californian wants to live in San Diego, LOL.

Your scarf looks great so far! I can't wait to see how it makes the ruffles.

11:53 AM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home