Knitting Without Dog Hair Is Not an Option

Hi there - My name is Claudia. I live with my hubby and our two furry kids in Georgia, USA. Originally I am from Germany - southern belle from Bavaria replanted to the Southern US. I am very addicted to knitting - 4-5 projects going at the same time... What can I say...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peckerwood, Georgia, United States

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Have a Great Labor Day Weekend!

Hubby and I are going on a little trip for the weekend. So, I will be off the air until next week. The puppers have to go a doggie hotel and I already feel terribly guilty. You'll think I am crazy - but they are our children. And it's only for three nights... But still...

So where are we going? We'll drive up to Tennessee to stay in the middle of nowhere, Tullahoma, and watch some horse shows. The man I work for owns a breeding farm for Tennessee Walking Horses, Waterfall Farms. It's a beautiful place - you can eat off the floor in the stables - I always call it the Ritz-Carlton for horses. Which is especially funny because my boss also owned the Ritz-Carlton hotels before they were sold to Marriott in the late 90's.

Besides going to the horse shows at the Tennessee Walking Horse National Celebration, we have the opportunity to watch a very famous horse whisperer, Monty Roberts, work. He will be at Waterfall Farms to hold a "horse clinic" for troubled horses.

And man, I can't wait to watch him work on Friday. I hope I can take a lot of pictures. So, I think we'll have a blast - this is very exciting. I am not a rider, but I love horses. I think they are wonderful creatures.

Besides the horse business, there is not much going on in Tullahoma. Our hotel is across the street from the main attraction in town, a Wal-Mart Supercenter - woo-hoo! One of my co-workers is staying at the same hotel as hubby and me, and she and I already planned to go check out the local attraction. Hopefully we'll meet a lot of interesting people there, hahaha - like this one:

Ad in the local newspaper ;-)

I wonder what clothes I need to bring to dress up for that occassion. ;-)

So, I am off now - I have to think about what knitting projects to bring. Hubby offered to do all the driving so I can knit - he is such a dear!

See ya next week with hopefully a ton of great stories and pictures!

3 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

You've been busy! Have a great weekend; I love it when hubby drives so I can knit.

7:02 PM GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've just caught up on your posts and I'm amazed at all the gifts you've knitted already! That's wonderful that you're so prepared and organized.

It sounds like you and Pixie have such fun together making the rounds to the yarn shops! Also, I hope your furry kids are OK at the kennel and you had a good time at Wal-Mart. ;-)

6:17 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Courtney said...

Oh dear, have I been inappropriately dressed when I've been at Wal-Mart? I didn't know the dress code! Ha! Hope you have fun!

12:58 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home