Knitting Without Dog Hair Is Not an Option

Hi there - My name is Claudia. I live with my hubby and our two furry kids in Georgia, USA. Originally I am from Germany - southern belle from Bavaria replanted to the Southern US. I am very addicted to knitting - 4-5 projects going at the same time... What can I say...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peckerwood, Georgia, United States

Monday, January 23, 2006

First Entry - I am giving in to the blog craze...

OK, New Year, still, kind of... New Year resolutions...
Hopefully I am going to be better with this one...

I started going to a Stitch'n Bitch group (oooppppssss - shhhhh - we are not allowed to say that anymore thanks to a nice sewing company in New York, now it is SNB) in my area and almost everybody has a blog. So I thought, good thing, you can put your German stereotype to work (organize everything and make a plan for everything) and keep track of your projects and what you are doing with your life.

AND - in case you start reading my blog and you think my English is a little off - well, I am German and this is not my native language. But I am trying, and thanks to the never-ending patience of my husband (or so-called English Nazi), it is getting better. So enjoy the reading :-)

I guess knitting started taking over my life - actually I have been knitting for over 25 years. Not that I am very old (at least not in my mind - 38 is NOT old) and don't ask my nephew... But he (being 8) thinks everybody over 20 is ancient...

So anyway, my Mom taught me how to knit when I was in 5th grade. She is a great teacher and her knitting is just beautiful. Unfortunately, I can wear her knitted sweater only a few weeks each year since I moved to Georgia, USA. Different story in Germany - you can wear a sweater even in summer, thanks to the weather. So I treasure her sweaters - and right now it is a good time to wear Mom's sweaters. She used some gorgeous Noro yarn for my Christmas gift. See a pix on the left. Very soft and yummy - I wear it at the moment whenever I can... Got to take your opportunities with the cold weather in Georgia...

I did not have much time this weekend for blogging - too much going on. Here is a recap. I had two knitting classes scheduled (yes, when I don’t knit for friends or myself I teach others how to). A beginner’s class on Saturday and another one on Sunday – 2 hours each. AND – my friend Jenny and I had the first SNB NEGA (Northeast Georgia) knit-together in Gainesville, GA on Saturday. If you are interested, here is a link to our Yahoo group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SNB-NEGA/

And I went go to a volunteer knit outing to knit scarves for orphans. Details can be found here: http://www.orphan.org/ We met at Einstein Bagels - 5 women, all knitting red scarves. It was a nice get-together. Over the weekend I made 3 scarves and a triangle scarf with FunFur - all red for the orphan's Valantine gifts. They have to be sent in by Jan. 28, 2006. We'll see how many more I can get done this week,

I did not have much time left to do something else... Oh – and I got to think about a project for the Knitting Olympics 2006 – I’ll keep you posted...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home