Secret Pal 9 - Questions & Answers
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have tried several things. Lately I have been using a plastic box from a local craft store that looks like a tackle box with two drawers that fold out (tricky to describe...) I am still not very happy with the way I am storing my circular needles in that box but maybe somebody has a good idea to pass along.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have been knitting since 5th grade - that means I have been knitting for 28 years. My mom taught me English style and then my crafts teacher at school taught me Continental style and I stuck with the Continental style. I teach knitting at a local craft store - I guess I could call myself advanced.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? No. But I buy almost all of my knitting books on amazon.com.
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.) Lavender.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? No. I like salty snacks - my absolute favorite is salted licorice. (I know, yucky.) But I try to avoid those, too.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? Crochet and cross-stitch - but knitting took over a while back... AND - I started spinning a couple of weeks ago.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Yes, my PC can play MP3s. Since I am an "older" person and my prime time was during the 80's, I like 60's, 70's and 80's music. No hard rock, reggae or rap, please.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? For a long time my favorite color was black. Now, I like all kinds of colors except the ones that look kinda like baby poo. ;-)
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I have a hubby and two furry kids - the fiber dogs. ;-)
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Yes to all. Unfortunately there are not a lot of occasions in Georgia (Southern USA) to wear mittens.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Almost anything. I don't like seaming tho'.
13. What are you knitting right now? I am working on my gift list for Christmas - a Harry Potter sweater, fingerless gloves, a fair isle hat, a coat for a toddler, a Menorah pillow, a scarf (and that's not the end of the list). I am also making a poncho for myself - the goal is to have it finished for SAFF.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? YES
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I prefer circular needles, but I knit with either - wood, metal or plastic, always depending on what works with the yarn I am using.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes to both. And two niddynoddies.
17. How old is your oldest UFO? Hmm - good question. I just had hubby rip a whole plastic bin filled with UFOs because I knew I wouldn't finish them and this way I can re-use the yarn. I still have a couple that are from last year.
18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas.
19. Is there anything that you collect? Cows and knitting stuff - yarn, books, notions...
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I am dying to get my hands on a copy of the Alice Starmore Fair Isle book and a copy of the Knitting Principles. I have a subscription to VOGUEknitting, VERENA (a German knitting magazine), Rowan Knitting and Cast On (as a TKGA member). But I frequently buy Interweave Knits, Creative Knitting, Knit'N'Style, Knitter's Magazine, Simple Knitting, Knit It, Knit Scene, Knit.1 and others.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I think I'll focus on spinning at the moment.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes, I love socks. I have a regular size 8 foot.
23. When is your birthday? 07/10 (Yikes, I didn't know until I checked on IMDB that I share a birthday with Jessica Simpson...)